Actionscript 3, Flex 2, Games Development Blog.
New episodes for the Spectacular Spider-Man Season 3First I would like to say that these are NOT official episodes of next season’s Spider-Man but are my own fics of what I would do next season if I was in charge which would involve having a guest star in every episode like the Scooby-Doo Movies.27. The Monsters of Pro Wrestling – Guest Stars: Sting, Goldberg, Diamond Dallas Page, Sid Vicious, The Big Show, The Steiner Brothers (Rick and Scott), Hulk Hogan, Scott Hall, Kevin NashRoderick Kingsley becomes the Hobgoblin complete with goblin glider and goblin bombs. Along with these weapons, Hobgoblin is also using professional wrestlers (The Monsters of Pro Wrestling who come to the Hobgoblin’s aide just when it looks like Spider-Man’s about to win) to commit his crimes which involves stealing components in order to create a mega beam satellite which the Hobgoblin plans to launch into space where he’ll be able to fire a giant laser beam onto cities, incinerating them in the progress unless his demands are met.Highlights include: Sally Avril using a mechanical alligator to scare Peter Parker only to drop the remote control into the water and the alligator going after her and she blames Randy Robertson (who she forced to take part in her scheme) for what happened to her skirt, The Hobgoblin (who’s hideout looks like a plantation house) using jumper cables on The Monsters of Pro Wrestling in order to “motivate” them to do the Hobgoblin’s deeds, The Monsters of Pro Wrestling restraining Spider-Man while Goldberg jackhammer’s little Gwen Stacy on the sidewalk (since they know that Gwen is important to Spider-Man after he rescues her from an earlier attack) breaking her bones and sending her to the hospital, and near the end of the episode Spider-Man is losing to the Hobgoblin and his Monsters of Pro Wrestling and just when it looks like Spider-Man is finished some familiar rock music plays and all of a sudden from out of nowhere Kevin Nash, Scott Hall and Hulk Hogan show up to even things up a bit even though the Hobgoblin and his Monsters of Pro Wrestling outnumber them 8 to 4 but despite this Spider-Man and his “amazing” friends manage to overcome the odds and defeat the Hobgoblin and his Monsters of Pro Wrestling and Spider-Man manages to destroy the Hobgoblin’s mega beam satellite while he’s at it. With the Hobgoblin and his Monsters of Pro Wrestling off to jail, Spider-Man thanks Scott Hall, Kevin Nash and Hulk Hogan only for Hall, Hogan and Nash to turn on Spider-Man and give him a MONSTER beatdown complete with spray-paint cans while Hogan rambles on a microphone about how they hate Spider-Man and they only “helped” him because they want to send a message to everybody that they are the best and always will be the best 4 life and if anybody stands in their way, they will do to them what they did to Spider-Man brutha! The episode ends with Peter visiting Gwen in the hospital sharing a touching moment.
28. The Great New York City Flood of 20XX – Guest Stars: Cow and ChickenMorris Bench becomes the Hydro-Man after a freak washing machine accident (don’t ask) which gives him the power to control and turn his body into water and he’s gonna use his new powers…for EVIL! First Hydro-Man floods all five boroughs of New York City (little Gwen Stacy nearly drowns because of this) in order to turn it into his personal base leading to a master plan where Hydro-Man plans to melt the polar ice caps and submerge the planet underwater which he will rule and call it Earthlantis. Only Spider-Man can stop him with a little help from an unlikely source, Cow and Chicken who are vacationing in New York when the flood hits. Cow has a mega big crush on Peter Parker through out the episode which Peter is not to thrilled about and Sally Avril takes pleasure in knowing that a Cow is attracted to Peter. Eventually, Cow and Chicken meet their hero Spider-Man and decide to help him in his fight against Hydro-Man despite the fact that Spider-Man doesn’t want their help (especially Cow) but despite this, Cow saves Spider-Man’s life near the end of the episode when Hydro-Man traps Spider-Man in a glass tank trying to drown him and Cow comes up with the idea to cut a hole into the upper portion of the glass, remove it and then use her “special weapon” to defeat Hydro-Man. Chicken’s expressions says it all especially since Hydro-Man screams really loud during this time causing him to (uncontrollably) break the glass and disappear into a drainage pipe. Despite Cow’s heroics, Spider-Man gets mad at her due to her methods of rescuing him but Chicken surprisingly defends his sister’s actions (despite his expressions moments ago) and Spider-Man thanks Cow in the end. With New York City deflooded, Cow says goodbye to Peter Parker as she and Chicken have to go home now but not before kissing Peter (in front of Flash Thompson and company no less) and giving him her phone number and telling him to drop by to her town sometime. Peter, of course, doesn’t plan on doing this anytime soon.
29. “Greg” vs. “John” – Guest Star: Scott KeithThis episode starts out with Sally Avril (dressed like Dr. Frankenstein) and Randy Robertson in Sally’s basement creating Sally’s very own monster called Frankenavril (which looks like her), her plan is to use Frankenavril to beat up Peter Parker but the plan backfires when Frankenavril goes after Gwen Stacy (released from the hospital recently) and almost kills her (outside the school no less), Sally and Randy are “rewarded” with six months of detention for this. Sally: “Randy, this is all your fault!”A man named “John” is an expert video game producer and writer. Although “John” can be really cocky and arrogant, he’s a good man who’s most famous for turning the third episode of a big name franchise called “The Cyan Bomber” into one of the greatest games ever made. Unfortunately, the company decided not to bring him back for the next two installments and both games turned out poorly as a result. Enter “Greg” a man who’s also an arrogant bastard too but is also a pro at video game producing and writing. Thanks to “Greg”, the sixth installment of the Cyan Bomber franchise has put it back on the map with some people going as far as calling it even better than Cyan Bomber 3 (which all of a sudden is considered “crap” by these people) leading to mindless fanboys (with no life and living in their parent’s basement) to argue endlessly about which installment is better.
This leads us to the present day, as “John” and “Greg” have developed a rivalry because of this, leading them to triumph over one another at a wrestling MMORPG called “Wrestling Fantasy” which they happen to be big fans of and are very good at (especially “John” who’s currently at a high level right now). Through “John”, Peter Parker, Flash Thompson, Kenny Kong and Hobie Brown are introduced to the game and get addicted. Everything is going well until Peter runs into a mysterious gamer who won’t identify himself and challenges Peter to a duel to the death! Peter declines but the mysterious gamer somehow has overridden the game and kills Peter Parker’s character right on the spot! The next day, Flash and Kenny mock Peter for getting killed so quickly like that, Peter explains to them what happened but they just continue to mock him. Later that night, Peter decides to play the game again only to get killed again by the mystery gamer, and then the next night Peter tries one more time only to get killed one more time. Finally Peter has had enough and decides not to play the game anymore due to getting killed all the time and the company that makes the game doesn’t know what to do about it. The next day at school, Flash finally confesses to Peter about him and his friends getting killed all the time too and thinks there’s a conspiracy going on as the almighty “John” is getting killed too despite (currently) being the best player in the world right now.“John” then goes on a swear filled rant (on his blog) about the company who makes the game & can’t get the mystery gamer banned and how he thinks “Greg” is the mystery gamer because (in his words) he’s jealous because his gaming skills are inferior to his and that Cyan Bomber 6 is NOWHERE as popular as Cyan Bomber 3 that “John” worked on. “Greg” (on his blog) denies this stating that he hasn’t played the game in months as the mystery gamer’s character looks nothing like his & has been secretly been working on a new video game project and then goes on about how “John” is in denial that his “precious” Cyan Bomber 3 that he worked on is obsolete and that Cyan Bomber 6 is all that matters now.
Meanwhile, in Manhattan, a big name wrestling pay-per-view event has come to town and attending the event (in the luxury box seats of course) is legendary Canadian wrestling critic Scott Keith who is considered the greatest Wrestling Fantasy player the world has ever known (Scott quit the game a couple of years ago to focus more on his wrestling reviews). Everything is going fine until a bunch of random thugs walk into the arena and start pulling out their guns, everybody in the arena thinks its all part of the show except Scott Keith who knows the promotion wouldn’t pull such a stunt like this and indeed, the random thugs start attacking everybody until they find their target, Scott Keith! The random thugs get to Scott where they plan to kill him because Scott’s been VERY negative about the promotion for months now but they think it’s still the greatest promotion ever and are tired of Scott’s criticisms! Luckily, Spider-Man shows up and defeats the ignorant wrestling fanboy losers. Scott Keith is so happy about this as he’s finally getting to meet one of his biggest idols ever! “John” shows up as he’s all “fanboy” excited to finally meet his idol the legendary Scott Keith! “John” is also glad to see Spider-Man as he tells Spider-Man about what’s going on with the Wrestling Fantasy MMORPG and how he thinks “Greg” is behind this stating that the mystery gamer first showed up shortly after “Greg’s” character stopped appearing but Spider-Man has no interest in what he considers mindless fanboy whining and leaves. “John” is very upset about this but Scott Keith slaps “John” and tells him not to disrespect Spider-Man (“John” apologizes for his actions) and that he is correct, no amount of whining is gonna defeat the mystery gamer and that Scott didn’t get to be the best by whining about other people. Scott tells “John” that he will train him in order to beat the mystery gamer and restore order to Wrestling Fantasy and “John” is happy about this. Flash, Kenny and Hobie overhear this and offer their services as they have a score to settle with the mystery gamer as well but “John” declines their offer saying that he needs to deal with this alone but Scott tells him that he too needed the help of others in order to become the best and “John” is gonna need all the firepower that he can get to overcome this. “John” agrees to this now as he, Flash, Kenny and Hobie will be working together as a team from now on with Scott Keith training them (very strictly) in order to defeat the mystery gamer.
Peter Parker still has no interest whatsoever in Wrestling Fantasy but Wrestling Fantasy has become the talk of the town since A-List celebrity (and legendary Wrestling Fantasy player) Scott Keith has announced that he’s training fellow celebrity “John” along with three Midtown Manhattan Magnet High School students in order to defeat the mystery gamer and restore order to Wrestling Fantasy. That’s all everybody talks about at school as the students of Midtown High are dying to know who the mystery gamer is and are confident that Flash and his friends will defeat the mystery gamer along side “John”. Peter Parker finally gives in and decides to investigate the situation as Spider-Man. Using his hacking skills, Spider-Man tries to find out who the mystery gamer is and where he’s located but the mystery gamer has put up some super powerful firewalls to prevent Spider-Man from looking. Meanwhile, Scott Keith has completed “John”, Flash, Kenny and Hobie’s training and are now ready to engage in combat with the mystery gamer. Spider-Man still not having much luck decides to contact “John” and report his progress, “John” is happy that Spider-Man decided to help and that there might be one thing to break down the firewalls, a super powerful virus that “John” created but never used due to it being highly unstable but they don’t have a choice now as “John” and his partners are losing right now to the mystery gamer and that the virus is the only way to find the mystery gamer at this point. Spider-Man swings over to “John’s” estate and Flash is so excited to see his hero. “John” tells Flash to get back to the game and let Spider-Man do his job. “John” gives Spider-Man the virus program and then asks Scott Keith if he can borrow his laptop.Scott Keith: “I’m so honored to be in your presence great Spider-Man, didn’t I tell you that I’ve always liked you moreso than Bat…”Spider-Man: “The laptop…NOW”Scott Keith: “Oh sure oh great Spider-Man!”
Spider-Man uses the virus program and breaks down some of the firewalls but is able to find the location of the mystery gamer. Spider-Man heads towards the mystery gamer’s hideout which happens to be the steel refinery from the “Uncertainty Principle” episode. Inside the offices, Spider-Man find out that “Greg” is indeed the mystery gamer and that he’s been using a super computer robot called The Living Brain to override the game so he can kill anybody against their will and insert firewalls to protect his identity, hideout and from getting kicked off the servers as “Greg” is indeed jealous of “John’s” success and fortune and wants to destroy “John’s” character in Wrestling Fantasy so he can gloat about how much better he is at something “John’s” not good at. “Greg” sends the Living Brain after Spider-Man while he continues to hack away at “John” and his partners. Everything looks like doom and gloom for “John” and his partners but Spider-Man manages to destroy the Living Brain by tossing it into the molten fire causing “Greg’s” firewalls to malfunction and while “Greg” screams “nooooooo!”, Spider-Man webs up “Greg” and then using the headphone tells “John” mission accomplished as “John” and company finishes off “Greg’s” character and end “Greg’s” stranglehold over Wrestling Fantasy forever. The next day, the whole town is celebrating over “John”, Flash, Kenny and Hobie’s success in defeating “Greg” and restoring order to Wrestling Fantasy as “John” thanks Scott Keith and then Spider-Man for his help and tells Spider-Man to contact him anytime he needs help and to play Cyan Bomber 3, the greatest game ever made. Spider-Man says thanks and swings away ending another adventure against the forces of fanboyism.
30. Working Scorpion – Guest Star: Melanie GriffithSpider-Man rescues famed movie star Melanie Griffith from a bunch of random thugs. Melanie thanks Spider-Man and then asks him to remove his mask so she can thank the actual man that rescued her not to mention tell her kids about it as they are big time Spider-Man fans and would like to know who Spider-Man really is as well. Spider-Man politely declines. Melanie offers him something big if he does it. Spider-Man still says no since it would be too risky and then he leaves.Later at Midtown High, Sally Avril and Randy Robertson plan Sally’s next trap to humiliate Parker which involves digging a big hole, inserting knockout gas inside the cracks of the wall inside the hole that activates when Peter reaches the bottom and putting a blanket over the hole to cover it. Sally and Randy hide behind a tree as Parker approaches but Parker walks on top of the blanket and doesn’t fall in! Sally is upset about this and runs onto the blanket where she doesn’t fall in either. Sally loses it and starts jumping on the blanket repeatedly until the blanket gives in and Sally falls down the hole where the knockout gas activates knocking her out while Randy snickers on ground level.Meanwhile, Melanie Griffith visits the office of private investigator Mac Gargan (first mentioned in the Final Curtain episode) and asks him to unmask Spider-Man and she is willing to pay in precious gems and necklaces, Gargan agrees to this and gets going. Unfortunately for Gargan, Spider-Man’s spider sense is too good and Gargan always loses sight of him. Finally, Gargan’s most recent attempt at unmasking Spider-Man ends miserably as Spider-Man pummels the bejezus out of Gargan when Gargan gets very aggressive at trying to unmask him. J. Jonah Jameson witnesses this from his office and runs down there to Gargan’s aid. Jameson tells Gargan that he too wants to know who Spider-Man is and has an idea of how to get the job done. Jameson knows a man by the name of Farley Stillwell who can help and Jameson is willing to pay with three bags of gold coins if Gargan agrees to this. Mac agrees to this.At Stillwell’s lab, Stillwell injects chemical and radiological treatments of a scorpion into Gargan and then gives him a scorpion shaped battlesuit complete with poisonous tail and thus Mac Gargan becomes the Scorpion! Jameson is (of course) pleased and tells Scorpion to get going.Despite his new super powers, Scorpion is unable to defeat Spider-Man in combat and after a couple of more defeats, Jameson gets infuriated at Scorpion for his failures so far and orders him to get back out there but the radiation in Scorpion’s mind causes him to go crazy and he goes out to a coffee shop where Gwen Stacy and Melanie Griffith is at and tells Melanie that he is Mac Gargan and that he’s been givin’ Scorpion like powers in order to defeat (and unmask) Spider-Man as Scorpion tells Melanie that he came over to make sure the gems and necklaces are still with her. Melanie is shocked and upset that Gargan would be involved in such a thing that she no longer thinks it’s worth it anymore to find out who Spider-Man is and tells Scorpion the deal is off. Upset at Melanie’s decision, Scorpion “stings” her with his mechanical tail and poisons her. Everybody flees in horror but little Gwen Stacy couldn’t get away fast enough and Scorpion grabs her with his tail and starts squeezing her hard causing her to scream really loud. Spider-Man appears on the scene but can’t do a thing about it as Scorpion threatens to sting her if he gets to close. Scorpion tells Spider-Man that this isn’t over yet and that when he is ready he will take him down. Scorpion then stings Gwen anyway, poisoning her too and then leaves. Spider-Man is upset about this and runs too Gwen and Melanie’s aid.
Back at the Bugle, Jameson gets the news about Melanie Griffith and little Gwen Stacy getting poisoned by the Scorpion and that they are on life support. Jameson can’t believe what he has done, the horror that he has unleashed and now he wants to undo his creation.At the hospital, George Stacy and Spider-Man have a chat about the situation and it’s not good as Melanie and Gwen need an antidote soon or they will die, problem is, the hospital don’t have such an antidote to cure them. All seems lost until Jameson rushes into the hospital to see the girls. Jameson is glad to see George Stacy and not too pleased to see Spider-Man. Jameson tells George Stacy that Farley Stillwell has an antidote.George Stacy: “How do you know this?”J. Jonah Jameson: “No time to explain, those girls lives are on the line and we can’t waste time talking about it! Now get going, on the double! Especially you, you sack of wall crawling garbage!”Spider-Man is surprised that Jameson entrusts him into helping the girls get better and he & and George head off to Stillwell’s lab. Spider-Man and George Stacy arrive at Stillwell’s lab. Spider-Man tells George that he will handle this and to come in if he is not out in ten minutes. Spider-Man enters the lab and finds Stillwell.Farley Stillwell: “I know why you invaded my lab Spider-Man and I will NOT help the women!”Stillwell summons a robot and a battle ensues. Spider-Man defeats the robot with ease and then puts Stillwell in a submission hold until Stillwell finally gives up. Stillwell gives the antidote to Spider-Man and he & George Stacy head back to the hospital but when they arrive they find Jameson and the other people in the lobby with a look of fear in their eyes. Spider-Man tells them they have nothing to fear from them.Scorpion: “It’s not you they fear, mutant!”Spider-Man: “Scorpion!”Scorpion: “I’ve been waiting for you and I’ve brought some reinforcements to help out! Henchmen, attack!”
Spider-Man tells George Stacy to evacuate the hospital while he deals with the Scorpion. Spider-Man defeats Scorpions henchmen with relative ease and then goes after Scorpion, the fight eventually takes them to the basement where Scorpion knocks over a bunch of crates and they land on top of Spider-Man. Scorpion laughs sinisterly as he thinks the duel has ended but Spider-Man comes out of the crates and then knocks the Scorpion into a power generator knocking him out cold and defeating him. After Scorpion is taken away, the hospital personal uses the antidote to cure Melanie Griffith and Gwen Stacy in time. George is happy to see his little girl alive and well. Melanie Griffith thanks Spider-Man and apologizes for hiring the Scorpion (when he was human) to find out who he really is as she understands why Spider-Man keeps his identity a secret and that she will respect Spider-Man’s privacy from now on. Spider-Man thanks Melanie for understanding. Jameson is glad to see the girls all cured and the Scorpion taken into custody. George Stacy asks Jameson if he has a change of heart about Spider-Man and Spider-Man wants to know too.J. Jonah Jameson: “I did what I had to do and that is help out the lesser of two evils defeat the bigger evil but don’t think this is over Spider-Man, you are still a scumbag and I will still someday find out who you are and put you away for good! So celebrate your victory Spider-Man because you may have won this battle, with my help of course but the war ain’t over, not by a long shot, I’ll will see you again real soon Spider-Man and next time, the outcome will be different!”Jameson leaves the hospital.Spider-Man, the Stacy’s and Melanie Griffith celebrate their victory at the Stacy’s residence with each of them holding a cup of soda.Melanie Griffith: “A toast, to freedom!”The four of them raise their cups and clink their cups together.
31. Every Shade of Blue – Guest Star: Dexter (Dexter’s Laboratory)A gang of thugs dressed in fur coats and armed with freeze ray guns attack a cryogenics lab freezing anyone and everything that gets in their way. There they steal blueprints to create a freeze bomb and take it back to their leader Iceberg, a blue skinned mob boss with “icy” hair that sticks straight up. Iceberg orders his men to get to work creating the freeze bombs which they will use on a trial run.Meanwhile, Peter Parker and Hobie Brown go over to the Parker residence to have lunch with Aunt May where they talk about a sleepover party at Hobie’s this weekend. Hobie wants to know if it would be okay if Peter came as Peter wants to go. Aunt May tells them that Peter may go but only if Peter promises not to do anything “naughty”. Peter agrees to this. Hobie then brings up the bad news about Iceberg’s guys stealing the blueprints to create a freeze bomb as Hobie’s father is an expert at cryogenics technology and is the one who designed the blueprints to create the freeze bomb, luckily, Hobie’s father is gonna be alright. Aunt May is glad to hear this as Peter tells Hobie to be strong through these difficult times.Iceberg’s guys have finished creating a bunch of freeze bombs and they launch an assault at the first national bank where they use the freeze bomb to freeze the entire bank and everyone inside as Iceberg’s guys loot the bank. Iceberg ponders the awesome power of the freeze bomb when all of a sudden Spider-Man shows up on the scene to stop Iceberg. After taking down Iceberg’s men, Spider-Man confronts Iceberg but Iceberg manages to cheapshot Spider-Man and then pulls out his freeze gun and uses it to encase Spider-Man’s body in ice with the exception of his head as Iceberg wants to know who Spider-Man is but before Iceberg can unmask him, the cops show up and Iceberg and his men are forced to retreat but Iceberg tells Spider-Man they will meet again. The cops enter the bank and Jean DeWolff (who still doesn’t like Spider-Man) attempts to unmask him but George Stacy makes her back off as they (later) manage to free Spider-Man from the ice block as Spider-Man tells George thanks and that he needs to go and recuperate as George Stacy tells him to take care.Back at Iceberg’s hideout, Iceberg continues to ponder about the success of the freeze bomb and then realizes that a more powerful version of the freeze bomb could help him conquer all of New York City and only one man can succeed in pulling it off, Hobie’s father. Iceberg orders his men to make plans to go and capture Hobie’s father at once.Spider-Man returns home as Peter Parker where he is diagnosed with a serious cold, flu and fever and because of this, Aunt May (who wonders how Peter got this) has to tell Hobie’s father that Peter won’t be able to attend the sleepover now.Later that night, Hobie Brown’s sleepover party gets underway as other people attending the sleepover include, Flash Thompson (who’s disappointed that Peter couldn’t make it as Flash wanted to bully Peter, so he mocks him instead), Kenny Kong, Glory Grant, Sha Shan Nguyen, Liz Allen, M.J. Watson, "Tiny" McKeever and (of course) little Gwen Stacy. Everybody is having a great time until Iceberg’s men attack the place and takes Hobie’s father and friends away. Hobie tries to fight back only to get tossed through a window, Iceberg’s henchman goes over to get Hobie but Iceberg tells him (and his other henchmen) to forget about him and that they have enough hostages as it is and to come back to base immediately.The next day, Hobie is angry and frustrated about what happened last night and knows that the police aren’t much help, not to mention that he doesn’t know how to contact Spider-Man who is nowhere to be seen or heard from due to his cold which he still has.
Hobie feeling helpless then remembers a boy genius that his father knew and decides that if Spider-Man won’t help then he will become a superhero and defeat Iceberg himself. Hobie arrives at the boy geniuses house where he introduces himself as Dexter. Hobie tells Dexter about the situation at hand and Dexter agrees to help. Dexter takes Hobie to his lab (blindfolded of course in order to protect his secret laboratory) and starts building a supersuit equipped with steel darts gas pellets, small explosives, magnesium flares and cleaning fluid, along with steel-tipped gauntlets for scaling walls and a cape that allows him to glide. Hobie is impressed and satisfied with the suit which he puts on immediately after putting on the mask, Dexter tells him that he calls his suit “The Prowler”. Hobie likes the name and decides to adopt it as his superhero name. Dexter’s glad he likes it and wishes him luck in order to take down Iceberg, Dexter has a favor he wants in return for making the Prowler suit for Hobie and that is that if he sees Spider-Man, that he should send Spider-Man to his place as Dexter is a very big Spider-Man fan and wants to meet him. The Prowler agrees to this and heads off to find Iceberg.Meanwhile, back at Iceberg’s hideout, Iceberg tells Hobie’s father to create a more powerful version of the freeze bomb, a bomb powerful enough to freeze an entire New York City borough.Hobie’s father: “And if I refuse?”Iceberg then grabs little Gwen Stacy and throws her to the floor where he pulls out his freeze gun and encases little Gwen’s body in ice with the exception of her head. The other kids look on in horror as Iceberg then threatens to freeze her mouth and nose (so she would suffocate) if Hobie’s father doesn’t get to work and then would do the same thing to the others as well. Hobie’s father gives in and starts working on a more powerful version of the freeze bomb as Iceberg orders his men to put the kids in a holding cell.Back at Spider-Man’s place, Peter Parker knows that Iceberg must be stopped after finding out about the raid at Hobie’s house last night despite still being ill but nether the less he must stop Iceberg as his friends (especially M.J. & Gwen) lives are on the line.The Prowler is on the loose as he searches the city to find the whereabouts of Iceberg’s hideout but due to his anger issues because of last night’s events, the Prowler is putting innocent lives at risk due to his recklessness and obsession for revenge. This (of course) attracts the attention of Spider-Man as the two of them duke it out. Despite Prowler’s equipment and Spider-Man’s cold, Spider-Man manages to win. Spider-Man then unmasks the Prowler and is shocked to find out that the Prowler is really Hobie Brown. Hobie then explains his actions and tells Spider-Man about Dexter who wants to meet Spider-Man personally and Spider-Man decides to let Hobie go but only if he leaves the crime fighting to him so Hobie doesn’t risk getting caught and going to jail. Spider-Man then heads off to Dexter’s place while Hobie decides to continue going after Iceberg despite what Spider-Man said since his father’s life is on the line.Spider-Man arrives at Dexter’s house where Dexter is acting all fanboy due to the fact that he is finally meeting one of his idols (number 1 is Major Glory of the Justice Friends). Spider-Man wonders how a little boy can come up with all this stuff as Dexter tells him that he was born super smart. Spider-Man then tells Dexter about the Prowler and why he shouldn’t give people like Hobie such responsibilities. Dexter tells Spider-Man that he felt bad for Hobie and that he couldn’t resist the opportunity to meet the spectacular Spider-Man. Dexter then asks Spider-Man to let him help out as Dexter has been making a new Spider-Man suit made out of nanotechnology and comes with a cloaking device and cape called “Unlimited” for him to wear as a present to show how much he admires Spider-Man. Spider-Man decides to use the suit as it will come in handy against Iceberg and his gang and thanks Dexter.
Spider-Man: “If I survive, I hope there is something I can do to return the favor”Dexter: “Well there is one thing you can help a boy genius such as myself with but we’ll talk about that after you kick some butt!”Spider-Man leaves and heads off to find Iceberg.Back at Iceberg’s hideout, Hobie’s father has finished completing the fifth super freeze bomb and now Iceberg is ready to send New York City back to the ice age when all of a sudden, the Prowler shows up and crashes the party. A brawl erupts and despite his powers, the Prowler is eventually defeated by Iceberg who then unmasks him to reveal his true identity as Hobie Brown. Hobie’s father and friends are shocked by this revelation. Iceberg then orders his men to kill Hobie when Spider-Man shows up with his new powers and rescues Hobie. Spider-Man scolds Hobie for disobeying him. Hobie said he had to do it, it is his father and friends after all. Spider-Man then tells Hobie to free everyone and get out of here while he handles Iceberg and his gang. After freeing everyone and getting them to safety, Hobie decides to go back in there and help Spider-Man who is losing to Iceberg and his gang. With Hobie’s help, Spider-Man and Hobie take down Iceberg and his gang, dismantle the freeze bombs and turn Iceberg over to the authorities. Hobie thanks Spider-Man as he is going to quit being the Prowler now as his father told him so, not to mention the hard responsibilities it is for him to being a hero. Spider-Man is glad to hear that, as he leaves, Hobie, his father and his friends all wave goodbye to Spider-Man until next time.Back at Dexter’s place, Dee Dee (Dexter’s older sister) enters her brother’s laboratory without his permission again but Spider-Man shoots a web line through Dexter’s window and grabs Dee Dee and then webs her up and covers her mouth with webbing and hangs her upside-down on a tree limb. Dexter tells his mom & dad that Dee Dee is playing with silk webbing in a tree and the three of them go outside to find Dee Dee upside-down. Dexter’s parents are not happy about this as they bring Dee Dee down from the tree and remove the webbing off of her. Dexter’s father tells her that she’s not suppose to do that and that she is in big trouble. Dee Dee starts yelling and screaming that Spider-Man did this and then accuses Dexter for being involved with this somehow. Dexter acts all innocent saying he has no knowledge of this. Dexter’s mother doesn’t see Spider-Man anywhere either. Dexter’s parents drag Dee Dee (who is yelling and screaming like crazy that Spider-Man and Dexter did this to her to no avail) into the house as they are going to ground her for six months for this. After the door closes, Dexter looks up into the tree and tells Spider-Man thanks and that he’ll be here if Spider-Man ever needs help. Spider-Man says thanks as Dexter tells Spider-Man to get out of here before his parents spot him and with that Spider-Man heads home.The next day, Peter Parker goes over to Gwen’s house to see how well she’s doing. Gwen tells Peter she will be fine and thanks Peter for coming over as she tells Peter that Harry was here earlier but couldn’t stay long due to his job. Peter and Gwen spend some time together talking as the episode comes to a close.
32. Mad Bus – Guest Stars: Bananarama (Keren Woodward and Sarah Dallin)At city hall, Mayor Waters (from the Persona episode) is unveiling a model of a new amusement park that just opened recently.Mayor Waters: “And to celebrate the event, I’m going to have a very special guest appear this weekend and we have the police captain’s daughter to thank for contacting him. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN!”Spider-Man comes in through the window as the people in the room applaud. Spider-Man says that it’s such an honor for him to attend the mayor’s wonderful new park for charity and fun.Meanwhile in a mysterious place, a woman dressed up in a rabbit costume operates her computers and then gets into the security cameras at city hall in order to monitor the situation.Spider-Man, Mayor Waters and Gwen Stacy then get into an elevator as they talk about working out all the details. Spider-Man says thanks.The mysterious woman looks on as the elevator goes down, it is revealed that there are two explosives on top of the elevator, the mysterious woman pushes a button on her computer and it triggers one of the bombs creating a hole in the roof and destroying a cable wire. Everybody on ground level panics as the mysterious woman laughs maniacally about how Mayor Waters life is in jeopardy.The paparazzi and police arrive on the scene as the New York City police commissioner gets out of her car and yells at her troops about what are they waiting for. Stan Carter tells her all the doors are locked. The commissioner tells her troops to blow the door open. Once inside, the commissioner tells them to clear the crowd out immediately.Mayor Waters tells Spider-Man to do something because he’s a superhero. Spider-Man tells her exactly as Spider-Man peeks through the hole and sees the other bomb and tells Waters that he is a superhero and NOT an explosives expert. Mayor Waters freaks out and screams for help.The mysterious woman speaks out through the city hall speakers telling everybody to stay put and that she is in control of city hall now and if they advance any further she will detonate the other bomb. Mayor Waters panics and again screams for help as Gwen Stacy is scared and trembling. Jean DeWolff then asks the commissioner what to do now and the commissioner says the mysterious woman is bluffing and that they are going in. Spider-Man sees the police going up the stairs and yells at them not to move as the staircase might be rigged with explosives too. Spider-Man would turn out to be correct as the mysterious woman blows up the staircase and then tells the cops that the elevator is next. The commissioner now tells everybody not to move.
Spider-Man ponders what to do. Spider-Man then remembers “John” (the video game producer and computer hacker from the “Greg” vs. “John” episode) and contacts him just in time as “John” is about to leave for California to attend a video game press conference for Cyan Bomber 7 that “John” will be producing. “John” is glad to hear from Spider-Man as Spider tells “John” about the peril they are in. “John” says he’ll see what he can do. Spider-Man calms Gwen Stacy down as Mayor Waters wants to know who the mysterious woman is and if she wants money, passports, a plane out of the country, anything she wants. The mysterious woman introduces herself as “The White Rabbit” and says that she wants Mayor Waters to return the money that she has been embezzling in order to build her amusement park. Mayor Waters doesn’t know what in the blue blazes she’s talking about. The White Rabbit tells Waters that she has ten minutes to decide or else she will blow her to bits as the Rabbit laughs maniacally. Gwen Stacy then wonders if Mayor Waters would consider but before she can finish speaking, Waters snaps at her about giving in to the White Rabbit. Time is running out as the White Rabbit gets ready to push the button but before she can her computer malfunction’s and she loses contact on city hall.White Rabbit: “NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!”“John” contacts Spider and tells him that he has embedded a virus in the rabbit’s computer causing her to lose contact but tells Spider that she will probably neutralize it quickly in an estimated time of five minutes. Spider-Man thanks “John” and tells Gwen and Waters to get ready, unfortunately, Spider only has one web shot left and can only pull one up at a time as Spider fires his web to the top floor and swings himself up. Once at the top, Spider-Man lowers his last webbing back into the elevator and tells them to grab onto his webbing. Gwen is about to go but Waters makes her step aside so she can go first. Spider-Man pulls Waters up and when he sees her, Spider-Man says “cowards first”. Meanwhile, the White Rabbit is trying to neutralize the virus as fast as she can. After rescuing Waters, she thanks Spider-Man and is all over him causing Spider to push her back while telling her to get out of the way as the bomb is about to go off. “John” notifies Spider that the White Rabbit has neutralized the virus. Spider-Man tells Gwen to hurry up as the White Rabbit detonates the other bomb causing the elevator to crash as Gwen was just a few inches away from being caught in the explosion. Gwen is very scared and frightened after what almost happened. White Rabbit gets mad and screams “NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!” again when she finds out that everybody survived. Mayor Waters holds a press conference about today’s events and thanks Spider-Man for his help. Frederick Foswell then asks Waters about the White Rabbit’s allegations but Waters denies this calling the Rabbit a psycho desperate for attention and that everything in city hall is perfect, Waters leaves the room. Foswell than asks Spider-Man what happened up there. White Rabbit (angrily) throws an hourglass at one of the computer screens and that she will get Waters to confess in the end and that Spider-Man won’t interfere next time. The White Rabbit laughs maniacally again.Back at the Parker residence, Peter thanks “John” (over the phone as Spider-Man) for his help while Peter gets ready for his date with Mary Jane Watson. “John” says no problem and talks about how the White Rabbit is like a hacker genius. Spider thinks this whole thing stinks as Spider is convinced that Mayor Waters is hiding something. “John” thinks this a job for the Spectacular Spider-Man. Spider says maybe. “John” wishes Spider luck (and reminds him to play Cyan Bomber 7 when it’s released) as he has to leave for California now. Spider says he’s “looking forward to it”.
Peter Parker and M.J. Watson arrive at Madison Square Garden to see British pop stars Bananarama perform in concert. M.J. has been a big fan of them since she was a little girl and is now finally going to see them in person. M.J. thanks Peter and Peter says it’s an honor for him to be doing this. On there way inside, Peter spots the Bananas new sleeper bus in the parking lot and M.J. is hysterical as it’s a new state of the art sleeper bus complete with living quarters, a karaoke theater and a artificial intelligence computer that operates the defense systems and other goodies just to name a few. M.J. is all giddy as she thinks this is gonna be a blast. Inside the Garden, the Bananas take center stage and sing all the classics including “Cruel Summer”, Shocking Blue’s “Venus” and “I Heard A Rumour”. Everybody is loving it, especially M.J. who is just having a wonderful time. Peter however is having trouble enjoying the concert as he is more concerned about what the White Rabbit is going to do next and what kind of secrets Mayor Waters is hiding.Peter takes M.J. home and M.J. tells her “tiger” that she had a wonderful time and that they are going to have to do this again sometime. Peter agrees as he and M.J. says bye. Peter heads back home.The next day, Spider-Man is out patrolling the city wondering what to do next when he spots George Stacy signaling him. George tells Spider-Man that he’s finally been able to contact him and to come to his office about who the White Rabbit really is. Spider-Man and George Stacy heads to police headquarters. Inside George Stacy’s office, George tells Spider-Man that about two weeks ago a woman came into police headquarters screaming about embezzlement and other dirty activities. Spider-Man wonders if she is the White Rabbit. George thinks it’s a possibility as she was off her rocker to the point where the police commissioner had her thrown out without even questioning her. George and Spider decide to check a list of city hall employees to see if they can find the White Rabbit. The two of them can’t find anybody on there that could possibly be the White Rabbit so Spider-Man tells George Stacy to look into people who used to work for city hall. Eventually they stumble upon a woman named Lorina Dodson who George Stacy remembers as the woman screaming about embezzlement two weeks ago. Looking into her file, they find out that she was a model employee who worked overtime and on weekends as city hall was her whole life.Back on the streets, Spider-Man tells George Stacy that even though the White Rabbit is a psycho he gets the feeling that she isn’t too bad. George reminds Spider that the Rabbit almost had three people killed including him and his daughter Gwen who still is shook up after yesterday’s incident.At the White Rabbit’s lair, two assassins enter the Rabbit’s lair and confront her but the Rabbit in the chair is really a mannequin rigged with flame throwers causing the assassins to flee. The assassins run outside and spot Spider-Man and decide to make a run for it. Spider-Man can tell these guys are up to no good and a fight breaks out between the Assassins and Spider-Man & George Stacy. Spider and George kick butt as George recognizes them as Mayor Waters bodyguards. Spider-Man and George Stacy run inside to see if the White Rabbit is all right, when they find her body George thinks she’s dead but Spider-Man inspects the body and can tell it’s a fake as the Rabbit outsmarted Waters bodyguards. Spider and George hear a message from the White Rabbit telling Spider that he is too late. Spider-Man uncovers a bunch of blueprints for the Bananarama sleeper bus as Keren Woodward and Sarah Dallin are in danger.
On the Bananarama sleeper bus, Keren and Sarah are in the karaoke theater singing and dancing and having a good time with each other that they don’t notice their sleeper bus starting to take off. George Stacy says the Bananas haven’t left the city yet and that they were last seen inside their bus. Spider-Man says they have to find their bus even though it’s gonna be difficult. Spider-Man and George Stacy find the Bananarama sleeper bus and start chasing it while the White Rabbit (who is using a computer virus to take control of the A.I.) looks on in her car laughing maniacally again.The sleeper bus smashes through a car as the Bananas still haven’t notice what’s going on. George Stacy notifies the police force about the Bananarama sleeper bus is out of control and is speeding up on Park Avenue and heading for 57th Street as the police commissioner and her troops set up a barricade full of water to stop the sleeper bus but the sleeper bus goes right through the barricade as the police commissioner tells her troops to clear the area and to bring in a helicopter. The Bananas finally notice that something is wrong as Keren wants the A.I. to tell them what’s going on. The A.I. tells them that it is being controlled by a virus as Sarah tells the A.I. to open the door to no avail. The White Rabbit is next seen standing on top of a building using binoculars as she sees the sleeper bus approach its destination.Mayor Waters is notified about the situation and that the White Rabbit is on TV which she turns on. The White Rabbit tells Waters that the Bananarama sleeper bus is under her control and that she is directing it towards her amusement park. Waters freaks out. The Rabbit tells her that she will be responsible for the deaths of thousands of people. Despite this, Waters still won’t give in. Waters secretary reminds her that the park is full of innocent people. Waters decides to make a phone call to the police commissioner.
Spider-Man and George Stacy are flying in a police chopper in order for Spider-Man to jump on the bus and get inside when George receives a call from the commissioner telling him that Mayor Waters has given the order to have the Bananarama sleeper bus stopped at all costs and to use the explosives located in the back of the helicopter to do it. George Stacy tells the commissioner that Bananarama is trapped on the bus. The commissioner tells George that they are celebrities and that they knew what they were getting themselves into when they decided to be famous. The commissioner then goes on a rant about “casualties of war”, “dying for the good ol’ red, white and blue” (despite being British), and that the bananas would have wanted it that way. The commissioner tells George Stacy to do it right NOW! George Stacy then throws his cell phone out the window in complete disgust. George Stacy tells Spider-Man that they have to move fast. Spider-Man says he’s on it as Spider jumps out of the copter and on top of the bus. White Rabbit (who is driving near the bus) activates a defense mechanism and all of a sudden a bunch of spikes pop out of the roof almost impaling Spider-Man. Spider-Man knows the White Rabbit is using Bananarama’s own weapons against him. The White Rabbit wants Spider-Man to show her how to dance and activates a control that causes the bus to shake left and right causing Spider-Man to almost fall of the bus. Spider-Man manages to get inside the bus as George Stacy compliments him but the White Rabbit activates the bus’s brakes momentarily enough that it throws Spider-Man’s balance off causing him to fly right through the windshield as the White Rabbit speeds up the bus again. Spider-Man gets back to his feet but the speeding bus is approaching Spider-Man fast and then all of a sudden Spider-Man is runned over by the sleeper bus! George Stacy is in shock as the White Rabbit laughs maniacally again. However it turns out that Spider-Man managed to drop to the ground at the last second and jump onto the bus’s underside where he crawls into the trap door to get back into the bus. Keren Woodward is trying to rewire a control panel in order to take control of the bus. Sarah Dallin thinks it’s too dangerous but Keren says they don’t have a choice. Unfortunately for Keren, she ends up receiving a shock from the system and falls down. Sarah panics and runs to Keren and holding her head up as she hopes she’s okay. Spider-Man shows up and the bananas go hysterical as they are finally meeting the spectacular Spider-Man! Spider-Man is glad to meet them too but reminds them the situation their in. The White Rabbit (using the bus’s security cameras) notices that Spider-Man is still alive and reactivates the defense mechanisms. Spider-Man tells the bananas that the White Rabbit is using a virus to control their bus’s artificial intelligence. Keren says the only way to get rid of a stupid virus is to reboot the software…file by file. Unfortunately, neither Keren nor Sarah is good with computers but Spider-Man is. Only problem is, the White Rabbit has reactivated the defense mechanisms and will be gunning for Spider. Keren and Sarah says that their will distract the A.I. while Spider-Man gets rid of the virus. Spider-Man says it’s too dangerous for people like Keren and Sarah but Keren and Sarah say they can be tough too and insist on doing it, plus the bananas want to have some “fun” with their A.I. as Keren tells Spider-Man to go while she and Sarah distract the artificial intelligence. Outside of the bus, George Stacy spots the White Rabbit’s car and goes after her. Back in the bus, Keren and Sarah are having lots of fun distracting their bus’s A.I. as they giggle, laugh and taunt while avoiding the defense mechanisms. Sarah is so happy as she says to Keren that they haven’t had this much fun since their were little girls.
Spider-Man is in the control room working as fast as he can to neutralize the virus but the White Rabbit spots him and is about to activate another program when George Stacy swoops down causing the White Rabbit to lose control of the car and bailing out while George does the same as his helicopter explodes. George gets back on his feet only to have the White Rabbit point a gun at him and telling him not to move. George Stacy tries to talk the White Rabbit out of killing innocent people as Mayor Waters won’t give back the money. Back inside the bus, Keren is being held down by wires as Sarah desperately tries to get them off of Keren. Back outside, the White Rabbit (surprisingly) gives in to George Stacy and deactivates the virus but the remote control got broken in the accident as George Stacy looks on in horror as the bus approaches the amusement park. Spider-Man is frustrated in trying to neutralize the virus as the bus gets closer to the park. The White Rabbit drops to the ground sobbing and screaming about why Waters wouldn’t return the money as she screams it’s her fault as the Rabbit didn’t want to take drastic measures. People at the amusement park see the bus approaching as they run and scream in fear. Sarah is still struggling with getting the wires off of Keren when all of a sudden the A.I. is back to normal thanks to Spider-Man. Keren gets the wires off and tells the A.I. to hit the brakes as the bus stops just in time with only a few inches to spare from hitting some people. The Bananas and Spider-Man step off the bus happily.Random Child: “Look mother, it’s Spider-Man!”Crowd: “SPIDER-MAN, SPIDER-MAN, SPIDER-MAN…”George Stacy is relieved to see Spider-Man alive and well as he puts the White Rabbit in handcuffs. The White Rabbit wonders about the money that Waters has extorted. George tells her that they are working on it and to trust him.Back at city hall, Waters secretary tells Waters to return the money but Waters doesn’t want to. The secretary tells her that she runs the risk of going to prison. Waters tells her secretary to do something about it. The secretary, bitter and disgruntled over Mayor Waters actions decides to go ahead and help her out anyway but when he goes online to retrieve the money from the fake invoices, it turns out that the money is gone. Mayor Waters is not happy about this.It turns out that Spider-Man, using his computer hacking skills, hacked into the fake invoices (using the bananas computer) and donated the money to an organization to help the jobless get back to work. Keren thanks Spider-Man telling him that Lorina Dodson would be proud of him. Sarah then says that you can never fool the spectacular Spider-Man very happily!
33. Last Bus to Doomsday – Guest Stars: Siegfried & RoyA double-decker tour bus (modeled after a semi-trailer truck) is driving through a neighborhood that’s very empty and quiet with no traffic whatsoever giving out of town tourists a taste of the city. However a few blocks down the street, a mysterious figure in a deep trench coat (complete with hat (to conceal his/her face), shoes and even gloves) stands on top of a building alongside a bunch of Gwen Stacy (who have the nerd look from season 1) clones. One of the Gwen clones tells the mystery person that their pray is approaching. The mystery person then mumbles about something that can’t be understood (except by the Gwen clones) and then fires a magic beam from his/her gloved hand down the road, the beam creates a force field causing the tour bus to come to a screeching stop. Before the tour bus can back out, the lead Gwen Stacy clone says to her fellow clones, “Raaaiiid the buuusss!” The Gwen clones jump down while the mystery person mumbles about something to them. The tourists look on in fear as the Gwen clones attack them and the bus. All of a sudden, Spider-Man along with stage magicians Siegfried & Roy (who Spider rescued from a bunch of random thugs in the past and are now returning the favor as they promised they would) show up to even things up.Spider-Man: “Begone clones of Gwen Stacy, this is the last of your raids!”Spider-Man and his stage magician friends battle the clones as we find out that Siegfried & Roy have more than just stage magic in their arsenal. Siegfried tells the clones that they were very sloppy as they left a trail of ransacked citizens to follow. Spider-Man and company have things wrapped up when three of the clones make their way into the tractor unit (which has a back door instead of side doors) as they are going after the bus driver. Spider-Man rushes to the rescue and tosses the Gwen clones through the side window like they were sacks of garbage! The Gwen clones retreat as Spider-Man tells them something.Spider-Man: “Flee blonde imposters, humans are not your pray!”Spider-Man turns around to help the driver and is shocked to find out that the driver is none other than Harry Osborn! Spider wants to know what Harry is doing here. Harry (who angrily slaps Spider-Man’s hand when Spider offers to help Harry up) explains to Spider-Man that he’s been running this tour bus since his father’s “death” which Harry still blames Spider-Man for as Harry wants to take some responsibility in life, especially for his girlfriend Gwen. Spider-Man apologizes for what happened to his father but Harry still won’t forgive him. Siegfried & Roy arrive at the tractor unit as Spider-Man tells them that the driver is alright. Harry wants to get moving again so Roy uses his magic to eliminate the force field. Harry tells the tourists to get back on board as they can now continue the tour of New York City. Meanwhile, the Gwen clones return to their master saying “muutaantt” The trench coat figure mumbles again this time very angrily as he/she pulls out a remote control detonator and pushes a bunch of buttons. All of a sudden a bunch of buildings down the street blow up and the debris falls on the tour bus’s route. Spider-Man tells Harry that they have to go back but Harry insists that he can make it through. Spider-Man disagrees however and Spider-Man shoves Harry aside and turns the bus around just in time. A Gwen Stacy clone then says that they failed as the mystery person looks on at our heroes.
Back at the station, Harry angrily tells Spider-Man that he has no business meddling with his job and that he could have gotten through. Spider-Man says that he doesn’t want to lose Harry after what happened to his father and reminds Harry that Gwen would be very upset if Harry died especially with what she has been going through lately. Harry says he would be there for Gwen more often if his job wasn’t so demanding and tells Spider-Man to stay away from Gwen and his life. A New York citizen then says to Harry that he should turn back as “Namron” and his Gwen Stacy clones are too dangerous. Spider-Man then asks who this Namron character is. Harry tells him he is the psycho in the trench coat and fedora that is responsible for creating clones of his precious Gwen Stacy and leads them on their raids. Spider-Man wonders how did Namron been able to create such things. Harry doesn’t know and tells Spider-Man to bug off. Siegfried tells Harry that he can’t risk the tourist’s lives. Harry snaps at Siegfried telling him that he needs the money and the responsibility in order to support a family with Gwen someday and tells Siegfried & Roy to stay out of his life as Harry tells the tourist’s that he is ready to reopen the tour.After Harry leaves, Spider-Man tells Siegfried & Roy that Namron will try again and that they need to find him and put an end to this once and for all. Siegfried & Roy agree as our three heroes head off to find Namron. While searching for Namron, a Gwen clone and Namron look on in the distance.Gwen Stacy clone: “Theeey traaaveeel!”Our three heroes continue to search the city for Namron with no luck so far as our three heroes arrive at an abandoned gas station & car wash. Siegfried wonders what they should do next. Spider-Man says that they need to continue the search no matter what. All of a sudden, a wire comes to life and ties up Siegfried & Roy and drags them into the car wash. Then a magic beam appears not to far away and turns on the car wash. Spider-Man sees Namron in front of him and makes a joke about him doing better than that. Namron fires another magic beam this time at the water inside the car wash turning it into fire! Siegfried tells Spider-Man that Namron is going to roast them alive as Namron fires beams at Spider-Man but Spider-Man dodges all the beams fired at him so far. Spider-Man then makes a joke about Namron hiding his identity as Namron finally decides to ditch his trench coat outfit and reveal his true identity. Spider-Man is in complete shock to find out who Namron really is.Spider-Man: “…no it can’t be! I saw you! You died!”The Green Goblin: “No mutant. THE GREEN GOBLIN LIVES!”Spider-Man still can’t believe it and wondered how he survived the explosion as he realizes that Namron is Norman spelled backwards and then Spider-Man’s shock turns to rage as he wants to know why Norman would attack his own son and create clones of his girlfriend and how he did it. The Green Goblin tells him in due time as he gloats about how he is mightier than ever. The Green Goblin fires another blast at Spider-Man to no avail. Roy tells Spider-Man that it’s getting warm in here so Spider-Man goes inside the car wash to help Siegfried & Roy. The Green Goblin doesn’t want Spider-Man to die yet however and the Goblin deactivates the car wash. Spider-Man frees Siegfried & Roy from the wire as Siegfried wants a shot at the Green Goblin. Spider-Man says that he shall have it as our three heroes confront the Green Goblin. Siegfried says that he liked the Goblin better covered and casts a spell to cover him in vines but the Goblin activates his newest goblin glider and frees himself from the vines, hops onto his goblin glider, flies high up in the air and then tells Spider-Man that they will meet again soon when it suits his purpose, until then, he and all of his friends are still in peril. Siegfried realizes that the Goblin is going to go after Harry, his own son. Spider-Man says that they have to move fast as our heroes rush to Harry and his bus.
On their way towards Harry, Siegfried wonders why the Green Goblin would rescue them from his own trap. Spider-Man tells Siegfried not to underestimate him as the Goblin is probably his most dangerous enemy that he has ever faced and that he has something even more horrifying in store for them.Spider-Man reaches the tour bus and tells Harry that his father is alive but plans to attack him to get to Spider-Man. Harry is enraged and angered at Spider-Man.Harry Osborn: “First you killed my father and now you all of a sudden have the nerve to tell me that he’s still alive when I saw it with own eyes that YOU KILLED HIM!”Harry is also angry at Spider-Man for even suggesting that his own father would attack him and that he would create clones of his girlfriend. Spider-Man knows that he can’t be forgiven and tells Harry to listen to him as he is telling the truth this time. Harry gives Spider-Man one final warning to stay out of his and Gwen’s lives or else he swears he will destroy Spider-Man’s reputation! Spider-Man backs off a bit as he and his magician friends hop aboard the upper deck of the tour bus as it approaches a bridge.Nearby, the Green Goblin and his Gwen clones watch as one of the Gwen clones tells the Goblin that the bus approaches. The Goblin says the tour is over and fires energy blasts at the bus’s fifth wheel coupling detaching the tractor unit from the semi-trailer. Spider-Man says that Harry is in serious danger as Spider-Man jumps on top of the tractor unit. Siegfried tells Spider-Man that it’s too far for them to jump but Roy says they can make it as he grabs Siegfried and makes the jump onto the tractor unit.Siegfried: “Thanks…I think”Roy: “Heh, heh but of course!”The Green Goblin fires more energy blasts at Spider-Man and Spider dodges them as usual. The Goblin then pulls out another remote detonator and activates a goblin bomb placed underneath and at the end of the bridge blowing that portion of the bridge up. Harry hits the brakes just in time (Spider-Man almost fell off because of this) as he backs up but the Goblin had another bomb placed underneath the other end of the bridge and blows up that part of the bridge as well trapping Harry, Spider-Man, Siegfried and Roy on the bridge. The Goblin has them trapped and orders the Gwen clones to release the acid.Gwen Stacy clone: “Aaaaciiid NOOOOWWWW!”Three Gwen clones move a giant boulder out of the way as a stream of acid is released onto the ravine. Siegfried tells Spider-Man that the Green Goblin is using acid to destroy the trestle and dump them into the acid covered ravine. Spider-Man swings down onto some rock formations to stop the acid. The Green Goblin tells the Gwen clones not to move as he has Spider-Man right where he wants him. While Spider-Man is trying to push the boulder back over the hole, the Green Goblin fires two beams at his arms encasing them in a green cast of rock as Siegfried & Roy and Harry look on in shock as Harry can’t believe his father is still alive and that Spider-Man was telling the truth as Harry wonders why his father would attack him and create clones of his girlfriend. Spider-Man slams his arms into the boulder trying to get the casts off to no avail.The Green Goblin: “You cannot use your web shooters mutant, not ever again!”
The Goblin then fires a beam that paralyzes Spider-Man and then uses his goblin glider to bring Spider-Man to him. The Goblin then hands Spider-Man over to his Gwen clones and tells them to take him away. The Goblin then jumps onto his glider and fires three goblin bombs at three more boulders which unleash three more streams of acid in order to destroy the trestle faster. The Goblin says that Siegfried & Roy’s deaths will come more swiftly and that they are luckier than Spider-Man. The Goblin then says “forgive me Harry my son” quietly and emotionally from a distance as the Goblin leaves to take Spider-Man to his final destination. Siegfried & Roy says it’s not over yet as they are getting out of here but Harry doesn’t want to leave his bus. Siegfried & Roy remind him that the trestle will go at any moment but Harry still won’t budge. Siegfried is getting really infuriated with Harry when all of a sudden Roy has an idea of how to save themselves and Harry’s bus but they have to act fast. Roy tells Siegfried to use the street light poles for legs in order to turn Harry’s bus into a walking tractor unit. Siegfried & Roy get all four poles sealed and onto the tires of the bus just in time as the trestle gives away. Harry is hysterical that Siegfried & Roy were able to save his bus and that he would do anything to return the favor for them. Siegfried tells Harry that they need to find and rescue Spider-Man from his father. Harry is not cool about this. Roy reminds Harry that he would return the favor for them and that he said that he wanted to see his father and find out why he’s doing this. Harry reluctantly agrees and the three of them set off to find Spider-Man. Meanwhile, the Green Goblin and his Gwen clones take Spider-Man (who is still weak from the paralysis beam) to an abandoned subway station which the Gwen clones thinks it is an evil place. The Goblin tells them they have nothing to fear as long as they are with him. The Goblin and company arrive at the bottom of the subway where there’s a large hole in the ground. The Goblin then calls up a bunch of giant stone statues that can move as they come out of the hole. Spider-Man has a look of fear in his eyes. The Gwen Stacy clones get scared and frightened and run away. The Goblin tells the stone statues to take him below. Once at the bottom Spider-Man is in complete shock and disgust as he sees the real Gwen Stacy tied up on a crane unconscious and with a swollen face over a green pool that looks like acid. Spider-Man is enraged as the Goblin tells him that green pool is what brought these stone statues to life but if a human were to take a dip into the pool they would be turned into stone statues forever! The Goblin tells the statues to make room on the crane so Spider-Man can have a seat next to Gwen Stacy. Spider-Man is so angry at Norman for doing all these horrible things and swears that he will pay as Spider wants know how he cloned Gwen.The Green Goblin then explains that he attacked the Stacy residence one evening and used his knockout gas on her parents, from there the Goblin leaped at Gwen Stacy (who is on her backside scared and frightened with the Goblin on top of her) and then threw repeated punches to her face until she was given a concussion and swollen face and has been unconscious ever since. The Goblin then took her to a scientist (who wished to remain anonymous) that was an expert at genetic cloning and struck a partnership with him and from there, the Green Goblin created his army of Gwen Stacy clones. Spider-Man is more enraged than ever that Norman would do these things. The Goblin tells Spider-Man to beg for mercy and he might spare him. Spider-Man says that he will only beg as long as Gwen is spared from the agony otherwise…NEVER! The Goblin gets mad and tells Spider-Man that the attacks were meant to lure him here so he can get revenge on the one man that defeated him way to many times in the past. The Goblin then gives the order to the stone statues to lower Spider-Man and Gwen Stacy into the pool.
Siegfried & Roy and Harry are still trying to find Spider when Roy spots the Gwen Stacy clones. Siegfried tells Harry to go that way as Spider-Man and Gwen are getting closer and closer to the end. Spider-Man wishes there was a way he could save Gwen from this insanity. Back above ground, Spider-Man’s friends have found the subway the Gwen clones came from but the ground all of a sudden gives away and they fall down into the cavern that Spider-Man and Gwen are being held in! The Green Goblin is not happy about this and orders the stone statues to attack. Harry is in complete shock to see Gwen here and that his father would do this. Siegfried confronts the Goblin while Roy deals with the statues. The Goblin tells Siegfried to surrender but not before he frees Spider-Man and Gwen with his magic. Spider-Man picks up Gwen runs up to a stone statue and kicks it into the pool, Spider-Man then does a back flip in order to avoid an attack from another statue as Spider puts Gwen down and destroys the rock bridge to send the second statue into the pool as well.The Goblin however jumps onto his goblin glider and snatches Gwen (who is still unconscious) and gloats at Spider-Man. With Siegfried & Roy having their hands full with the Goblin’s statues, Spider-Man goes after the Goblin and the two duke it out and just when Spider gets close enough to grab Gwen, the Goblin throws her into the pool below. Spider-Man uses his webbing to save her just in time but a snapping sound can be heard just before she hits the pool. Spider-Man lowers her to the ground where an emotional Harry runs over to her and inspects her body. Spider-Man is still fighting the Goblin. Spider-Man jumps out of the way as the goblin glider is on a collision course with a wall as the Goblin can’t move out of the way in time and crashes into the wall. Siegfried & Roy are wrapping things up with the statues as Spider-Man runs over to see Gwen who still is not moving. Harry thinks she is dead and blames Spider-Man for this. Spider-Man is very emotional about this. All of a sudden, the Green Goblin (who survived the crash) fires more energy beams at Spider-Man swearing that Spider-Man won’t escape him. Spider-Man avoids them as the Goblin leaps at Spider-Man and has him pinned to the ground. The Goblin tells Spider-Man that he will destroy him and a very emotional Spider-Man screams about destroying a woman he loved and will take him down even if it means at the cost of his own life. Spider-Man then monkey flips the Green Goblin (who screams NOOOOOO!!!) off of him and the Goblin lands in the pool swearing that he will destroy all of them for that but all of a sudden, the Goblin’s body begins to turn to stone as the Goblin screams no in horror, soon the Goblin’s head turns to stone. Siegfried & Roy (who just finished off the remaining stone statues) uses their magic to free the Goblin but to no avail. Spider-Man says that the Goblin is trapped forever the same fate he had for him. Spider-Man, Siegfried & Roy go over to Harry who is still sobbing over Gwen. Spider-Man apologizes for what happen but Harry angrily snaps at Spider-Man when all of a sudden, Gwen wakes up and mutters what’s going on. Harry and company run to Gwen as they are all happy that she’s alive! Gwen is still weak though as she tells them about this horrible dream she had. Harry (who is holding on to her) tells her it’s gonna be all right. Harry then asks where his father is. Harry is now livid at Spider-Man when he finds out that Spider-Man tossed his father into the pool. Gwen tries to calm Harry down. All of a sudden, a familiar voice can be heard. Harry thinks it might be his dad and it turned out to be true as Norman Osborn walks out from the shadows. Everybody is in shock except for Harry who runs into his father’s arms.
Norman explains what’s going on and where he’s been, however there is still one question that needs to be answered, if Norman wasn’t the Goblin then who is? Norman says that there’s only one person who would do this….his wife! Harry gets mad at Spider-Man again but Norman shockingly defends Spider-Man’s actions telling Harry and the others that his wife was a very troubled individual who only cared about Norman and would freak out whenever Norman got hurt or was in trouble. Norman suspected as much that his wife would do such a thing if he ever died and now, she is trapped in a shell of rock forever. Harry understands now and feels much better as his father and girlfriend (who will help Harry deal with the loss of his mother) are alive and well.Back on ground level, Harry, Norman and Gwen are inside the tractor unit of the bus as Norman is impressed with the responsibility Harry is taking. Gwen is impressed too as she tells Harry that she loves him and that the work is getting the bus to the nearest repair shop (which is far away from where there at). Harry thinks that those three can handle it as the camera pans to show that Spider-Man, Siegfried and Roy are using cables to pull the bus to the nearest repair shop. Spider-Man then says that he would rather deal with ten Green Goblins than to deal with those stubborn Osborn’s. Siegfried & Roy agree with Spider-Man.
34. The Perils of Gwen Stacy – Guest Star: Penelope PitstopA bunch of random thugs attacks wealthy race car driver and children’s entrepreneur (she has a family friendly image), Penelope Pitstop. Penelope is helpless as usual as she screams for help. Spider-Man swings in just in the nick of time as he grabs Penelope and webs up the thugs. Spider-Man and Penelope land on the ground. Spider-Man tells Penelope that she will be alright now and Penelope decides to reward Spider-Man…by bashing his skull with her umbrella! Spider-Man wants to know what gives. Penelope tells Spider-Man he is an evil giant bugman and to stay away from her. Penelope yells for the police who arrive on the scene forcing Spider-Man to flee. Penelope then runs into the arms of Jean DeWolff telling her sob story.Penelope Pitstop: “Oh officer, that mean ol’ giant bugman thingy had me in his little ol’ grasp and wanted to hurt little ol’ me it was awful and now I’m frightened about what that evil ol’ bug thingy will do next, especially to little ol’ me!”George Stacy comes out of his car and tells Penelope she’s full of it as he saw her being rescued by Spider-Man and to show some respect to him. Penelope gets very mad at George as she tells him that Spider-Man is pure evil and to put an A.P.B. on him right away. George Stacy says they don’t arrest heroes. Penelope then threatens to tell the commissioner about George’s insubordination but George tells her that she is out of town currently and that she left George Stacy in charge. George tells Penelope that he will not arrest Spider-Man and that’s final. Penelope walks off very angrily.Penelope later arrives at the Daily Bugle as she wants to speak with J. Jonah Jameson in private. Inside Jameson’s office, Penelope tells Jameson that Spider-Man is pure evil and wants to form a partnership with him in order to destroy Spider-Man. Jameson knows about the incident and sympathizes Penelope for going through that horrible ordeal and will help her anyway he can as long as he is not linked to it due to the Scorpion incident. Penelope understands as she introduces Jameson to Spencer Smythe. Penelope tells Jameson that she is funding Spencer and his son’s project’s in order to take down Spider-Man once and for all. Jameson is very interested in this project as Penelope invites him to a secret lab tomorrow so he can take a look at the Smythe’s project. Jameson agrees to this.The next day at the lab, Penelope introduces Jameson to Spencer’s son Alistaire. Penelope and the Smythe’s then show Jameson, project Spider-Slayer. An advance giant robot spider with only one purpose, destroy Spider-Man. After the demonstration, Jameson heads back to the Bugle to prepare for the down fall of Spider-Man as he is very impressed with the Spider-Slayer and is self confident that Penelope Pitstop and the Smythe’s can pull it off. Penelope decides to leave too reminding the Smythe’s that they don’t know her and never seen her before and to make as many Spider-Slayer’s as possible (especially with the tons of money that she has given them) in order to destroy Spider-Man once and for all! The Smythe’s send out their first Spider-Slayer. Pretty soon the Slayer finds Spider-Man and a vicious fight breaks out! Despite the state of the art technology powering the Slayer, Spider-Man manages to send the Spider-Slayer to the junk heap.Meanwhile, Penelope Pitstop has an altercation with Gwen Stacy while giving a lecture at Midtown High about how she does things for the children and that Spider-Man is a menace to society which sees little Gwen Stacy bashed in the head with an umbrella repeatedly by Penelope Pitstop. The cops arrive and George Stacy gives Penelope Pitstop a warning for attacking his daughter.
The Smythe’s send another Slayer to take down Spider-Man only for it to end in failure. Then send another one and then another but Spider-Man always manages to come out on top. Finally out of desperation, the Smythe’s decide to take a random hostage and send multiple Spider-Slayers at once to even things up. Unfortunately for little Gwen Stacy, she’s the hostage! Gwen Stacy is then put in many perilous near death situations including being tied to roller coaster tracks, being fed to a man-eating plant and tying her up underneath a razor sharp pendulum at the top of a clock tower (just to name a few) while being guarded by two or three Spider-Slayers each time! Spider-Man (as always) manages to defeat all the Spider-Slayers each time and rescue Gwen with only a few seconds to spare each time only for her to get snatched by another Slayer and taken to the next peril.Back at the Smythe’s lab, Spencer Smythe (Alistaire is in another room working on another Spider-Slayer) can’t believe that Spider-Man has thwarted all their plans so far and so has Penelope Pitstop who walks in angrily. Spencer is surprised to see her as Penelope is upset that the Smythe’s are resorting to using innocent bystanders as bait in order to destroy Spider-Man. Spencer says that it’s necessary at this point in order to take down Spider-Man and besides, they are using the girl that she had an altercation with at the high school. Penelope says that she did not pay them to use innocents as bait even ones that she has a grudge with and that she will shut down the project if they keep using innocents to get to Spider-Man. All of a sudden, Penelope is knocked out by a laser blast and is unconscious. It’s Alistaire Smythe with his newest Spider-Slayer…himself!Spencer Smythe: “Alistaire! W-What have you done?”Alistaire Smythe: “I’ve done what I feel is the only way to take down Spider-Man, by turning myself into the Ultimate Spider-Slayer and to stop Penelope Pitstop from shutting down the project as miss Pitstop has outlived her usefulness wouldn’t you agree father?”Spencer is in shock that his son would do this to himself but he eventually gets over it as they’ve runned out of options at this point.Alistaire takes Penelope and Gwen (who got captured again after being rescued again) to a warehouse and chains the two of them next to each other with a saw blade moving towards them (slowly) that’s gonna chop off their feet! And to make matters worse, the two of them are handcuffed together with a time bomb!
Gwen is shaken and scared as tears roll down her eyes. Penelope sees the pain and sorrow in Gwen’s face and tells her that she regrets what she has done all for the sake of destroying a person she hates. Gwen tells her that she has been through a lot of trauma (throughout the season) lately and doesn’t no how much more can she take. Penelope tells her to be strong as they will get through this together somehow and that she will make it up to her somehow.Spider-Man tracks down Gwen to the warehouse but is attacked by Alistaire. Spider-Man is taking a brutal beating at the hands of Alistaire as the saw blade is a few inches away from Gwen’s feet. Spider-Man doesn’t give up however as he’s doing it for Gwen and Spider-Man eventually defeats Alistaire and rescues Penelope and Gwen from the saw blade. Gwen is so happy that Spider-Man has been here for her all this time and Penelope is glad to see Spider-Man too as they now have to diffuse the time bomb. Things look hopeless (Spider-Man couldn’t figure out a way to diffuse it) until they find an acid gun and use it to free Penelope and Gwen from the bomb. Now Spider-Man must find a safe place for the bomb to blow up so it doesn’t destroy an important building and kill some innocent victims. Things look hopeless again until Spider-Man figures out the one safe place, the sky. Spider-Man throws the bomb high enough into the air and the bomb goes off with minimal damage done below. Gwen thinks Spider-Man is dead as she begins to cry again with Penelope holding on to her and comforting her until Spider-Man shows up alive and well. Gwen and Penelope are glad to see Spider-Man is alright as they run into his arms.The next day at the Bugle, the top story on the front page is Spider-Man saving the day once again as the Smythe’s are heading to prison for a long time. Jameson is livid that Penelope Pitstop’s Spider-Slayer project has failed but swears that someday Spider-Man’s luck will run out.Back on the streets, Penelope is telling Spider-Man and Gwen how wrong she was and thanks Spider-Man for not turning her in. Penelope then tells Spider-Man that she knows what he’s really like and that he’s lucky to have somebody like Gwen by his side and hopes to see them again someday as she has to go back home to Louisiana now in her Compact Pussycat race car. Penelope tells Spider-Man that the world needs more people like him and tells Spider and Gwen to drop by if they ever visit her home in Louisiana and that she might consider Gwen as a partner for Fender Bender 500 (formerly the Wacky Races). Gwen (who is holding on to Spider-Man) says thanks and Spider-Man says thanks as well as they wave goodbye to Penelope. Spider-Man then takes Gwen home as Gwen tells Spider-Man thanks for being there for her and Spider-Man is happy to hear that.Note: This episode features all the Spider-Slayers that have ever appeared in the comics.
35. The Ultimate Battle – Guest Stars: The Griffin Family and Ernie the Giant ChickenA new villain with superhuman powers named “Morlun” arrives in New York City and announces to the city that their city is the “lucky” first city that he will conquer in his quest for world domination! Morlun starts going around causing an extreme amount of chaos and destruction the likes of which hasn’t been seen since Grand Theft Auto 3! This (of course) attracts the attention of Spider-Man and a massive battle ensues…with Spider-Man getting his butt kicked! Morlun decides to retreat but not before telling Spider-Man that he will be back for him after he hunts down all his friends and family and kills them in a very grotesque manner first!Later on, a family from Quahog, Rhode Island arrives in town on vacation, they are the Griffin family (Peter, Lois, Meg, Chris, Stewie and Brian the Puppy) and Peter (the father) wants to meet Spider-Man badly. Eventually, the Griffins meet Peter Parker and despite the manners of the Griffins (such as Peter’s crudeness or Lois’s strong sexual feelings towards Brian to name a few), Peter Parker becomes quick friends with the Griffins (Brian knows that Peter Parker is good at capturing Spider-Man photos and if anybody can find him so Peter Griffin would shut up about meeting Spider-Man, it’s Peter Parker). One day, the Griffins, Peter Parker and Gwen Stacy are taking a walk together in Central Park talking about Spider-Man when Peter Griffin spots Ernie the Giant Chicken from a distance in the bushes no doubt wanting to settle the score with Peter Griffin over the expired coupon and the restaurant check again. Peter Griffin wants no part of Ernie this time (as Ernie leaps at Peter Griffin) so Peter Griffin steps aside and pulls little Gwen Stacy into Ernie’s path and Ernie ends up sacking her instead! When Ernie realizes he sacked the wrong person, he turns around only to find Peter Parker and the Griffins nowhere in sight! Infuriated that Peter Griffin won’t fight him, Ernie decides to take his frustrations out on little Gwen Stacy! This leads to the Ultimate Battle:Little Gwen Stacy vs. Ernie the Giant ChickenGwen (who is terrified) takes a punch to the face as she and Ernie duke it out through all five boroughs of New York City no holds barred! It should be noted that Gwen didn’t even try to fight back throughout the whole fight as she was trying to get away from Ernie the whole time but Ernie was too fast for her. Eventually, Gwen and Ernie land in the refinery from the “Uncertainty Principle” and “Greg” vs. “John” episodes. Ernie lands on the catwalk but Gwen (unfortunately) lands on ground level as a ladle of molten steel approaches her! Gwen turns around, looks up and screams in horror as gallons of molten steel is poured all over little Gwen Stacy! Ernie even cringes at the thought of little Gwen Stacy being covered in molten steel! When all is over, Ernie looks on in horror as Gwen’s body is burnt! Ernie walks out of the refinery. The camera then pans over to Gwen’s burnt hand as her hand is moving again and thus Gwen Stacy cheats death again in what would turn out to be the longest chicken fight ever at a little over ten minutes comes to an end!Meanwhile, Peter Parker has become Spider-Man again after finding out that Morlun is launching an assault at Anna Watson’s house, where his Aunt May is having tea with Anna & M.J.! Down below, the Griffin family follows Spider-Man (thus explaining why Ernie didn’t see Parker and the Griffin’s after he accidentally sacked Gwen Stacy) as Peter Griffin is finally going to meet his hero and watch him kick butt as well!
Spider-Man arrives just in time as Morlun was just about to absorb Aunt May’s life-force! Spider-Man and Morlun have their rematch. Even though Spider-Man has learned a few new tricks from their last fight, he still gets pummeled very quickly just like last time! All is doom and gloom as Morlun is about to kill Spider-Man when Peter Griffin (of all people) rescues Spider-Man by unleashing his “gas fumes of death” on Morlun’s face! Morlun is coughing and gagging due to the strong smell and begs Peter Griffin to stay away! Peter Griffin chases Morlun throughout the house unleashing gas on Morlun until Morlun falls over and vomits on the floor causing Anna Watson to freak out! The cops arrive and Morlun rushes to them and begging them to arrest him, lock him up and throw away the key just as long as they keep him far away from Peter Griffin! The cops happily oblige. Peter Griffin celebrates his triumph as Stewie cracks some very vicious jokes about Spider-Man.The next day, the city is celebrating Peter Griffin’s victory over Morlun.Crowd: “PETER! PETER! PETER! PETER! PETER! PETER! PETER! PETER! PETER!”Peter Griffin goes on a speech about how great he is and what a disappointment Spider-Man turned out to be.Crowd: “SPIDER-MAN SUCKS! SPIDER-MAN SUCKS! SPIDER-MAN SUCKS! SPIDER-MAN SUCKS! SPIDER-MAN SUCKS! SPIDER-MAN SUCKS! SPIDER-MAN SUCKS!”Peter Griffin thought that Spider-Man would turn out to be one of the greatest heroes who ever lived but turned out to be a complete wimp and disgrace to superheroes everywhere and thanks New York for their support and that if it weren’t for them, then Peter Griffin would have never gather up the courage to defeat Morlun which was the most difficult thing to do in his life. Peter Griffin also thanks them for creating a new holiday here in New York called “Peter Griffin Day”, a holiday created to celebrate the day that Peter Griffin saved their city from their darkest hour. Now that Spider-Man is a disgrace, Peter Griffin is thinking about writing some novels making fun of Spider-Man when J. Jonah Jameson comes up to tell Peter Griffin that’s a great idea and offers him a deal that he can’t refuse. Peter Griffin accepts. J. Jonah Jameson tells the city that Peter Griffin is a real hero and that the world needs more people like him and less of Spider-Man type people. The crowd is in unison as Peter Griffin tells the city that he and his family need to go home now but will always consider New York a second home in his heart.Crowd: “PETER! PETER! PETER! PETER! PETER! PETER! PETER! PETER! PETER!”Peter Parker walks home frustrated thinking about how he risked his life so many times for New York only for them to turn their back on him because he hadn’t figured out a way to defeat “Morlun” yet but Peter Griffin did using a cheap and crude method to do it. Peter Parker then has thoughts about quitting the superhero business when he sees M.J. Watson on his doorstep. M.J. tells her “tiger” that she knows that he’s had a rough time and invites him over to her aunt’s place for tea. Peter Parker then thinks on the other hand, there are nice moments to cherish like these as he and M.J. walk off together to Anna Watson’s place to have some tea.
36. The Power of Hate – Guest Star: Huey LewisHuey Lewis and the News are performing at the Meadowlands as part of their big comeback tour. Peter Parker and M.J. Watson are attending the show as M.J. is a big Huey Lewis fan and is so happy that Huey is finding success again. Peter Parker thinks it’s great despite the fact that Huey hasn’t had a hit in years and is all of a sudden a big name again.Meanwhile, a mysterious figure in Beetle armor who calls himself the Beetle, is watching the concert from his hideout saying the time is right for the next phase of his plan.Back at the concert, everybody is having a great time as Huey still has it after all these years but all of a sudden everybody in the arena starts becoming aggressive and they begin to riot (including Spider-Man and M.J.) causing chaos and destruction. The concert finally ends and Huey looks around to see the whole arena trashed with a lot of people hurt. Huey then says to himself that he did it.Huey Lewis: “So I’m washed up huh? Not anymore.”Huey Lewis and the News walks off the stage back to the dressing room.Back at his hideout, the Beetle is very happy with Huey’s successful riot and that soon Huey Lewis will give him power beyond his darkest dreams!Peter Parker and M.J. regain conscious and are in complete shock at what they see as M.J. remembers her and Peter doing it but don’t know why they did it. Peter thinks it’s strange too and he wants to find some answers.Later that night, Peter is escorting M.J. home as M.J. tells Peter she had a blast even though she doesn’t remember rioting and that Huey Lewis is still the greatest. Peter opens the door for M.J. only to be greeted by Anna Watson and May Parker who are quite upset after finding out what happened at the Meadowlands tonight. At the table, Peter and M.J. explain their actions to their aunts who tell Peter and M.J. that they cannot go to anymore Huey Lewis concerts again especially Mary Jane.Mary Jane Watson: "Last time I checked Aunt Anna, you still weren't my parents!"Mary Jane then runs up to her room crying as she really wanted to attend the next Huey Lewis concert in Uniondale so badly.Peter and his aunt head home as Peter promises his aunt that he will do extra chores for a month and not to attend anymore Huey Lewis concerts. Aunt May tells him, good.The next night, Peter Parker (who just finished his extra chores for the day) puts on his Spider-Man suit and heads off to Uniondale to attend the Huey Lewis concert to find out what caused the riot at the Meadowlands the other night.Mary Jane tells her aunt that she’s going to bed early. Aunt Anna decides to turn in too. A few minutes later, Mary Jane gets up and puts on some tight black leather pants & jacket and some shades as M.J. sneaks out of the house so she can attend the Huey Lewis concert in Uniondale.At the Nassau Coliseum, Spider-Man enters the dressing room of Huey Lewis and the News. Spider-Man interrogates the group about the riot at the Meadowlands. Huey denies himself and the group’s involvement in the riot as Huey tells Spider-Man that they have to go on stage now. Spider-Man decides to go to the stage as well and hang from the ceiling of the arena to keep an eye on things.
On their way to the stage, Huey and his band are shocked to see the Beetle backstage. The Beetle tells the News that he has a gift for them, upgraded instruments. Huey thinks the ones they are using is fine already. The Beetle then presses a button on his belt that causes the bands current instruments to melt as the Beetle explains that these new instruments are more powerful than the last ones as the Beetle talks about their run at the Meadowlands was a success and that it’s time to take it up a notch. Huey is reluctant as people got hurt last time due to the ultrawaves coming from the instruments. The Beetle reminds Huey that the people have hurted his career for years and treated him like an outcast after his last hit and that the ultrawaves is the reason why he’s back on top and soon with even more powerful instruments, they will love him forever.Huey Lewis and the News take to the stage as Spider-Man is all set to deal with trouble and M.J. is in the audience all excited and feisty about the performance. Huey Lewis and the News sing all the hits and everything is perfectly normal! Spider-Man is confused as nobody has rioted so far. Huey Lewis thinks to himself about how everybody loves him. The Beetle laughs maniacally backstage as he comments how everybody is in for a surprise after the show! The show finally ends and everybody leaves happily except for Spider-Man who is puzzled by the fact that nobody rioted. Spider-Man decides to head back home.However back in Manhattan, Mary Jane’s aggressiveness rises as she assaults little Gwen Stacy and almost kills her on her way back home and to make matters worse, Mary Jane also attacks George Stacy as well earning her a trip to jail. Similar reports are now coming in that a bunch of people are now rioting in the streets all of a sudden and have been identified as people who attended the Huey Lewis concert in Uniondale! The Beetle gloats about how his pawns and their new instruments are putting his plan one step closer to fruition!The next day, Anna Watson and Peter Parker picks up M.J. from jail. On their way back to the Watson house, Peter wants to know what M.J. was thinking but M.J. doesn’t know. Back at the Watson’s house, Peter heads home as M.J. and Aunt Anna head into the house. Once inside, an angry Anna Watson tells M.J. that she is grounded for a long, long time due to her actions and M.J. throws another tantrum as she storms to her room.Back at the Beetle’s lair, Huey Lewis has found out about the riots last night and confronts the Beetle about it. The Beetle says that he was only doing it for Huey and his band. Huey is not happy about what happened last night and tells the Beetle that he is breaking ties with him.Peter Parker goes to the Stacy residence to see how Gwen is doing after last night’s assault. It turns out she will be alright as Gwen is glad that Peter came over to see her. After talking with her, Peter heads back home and prepares for a trip to Madison Square Garden later that evening (as Spider-Man) as Huey Lewis and the News’s next gig will be there (the police don’t have any evidence to prove that Huey was responsible for the riots). On his way to Madison Square Garden, Spider-Man runs into Mary Jane Watson (who snuck out of her house again). M.J. is glad to see Spider-Man. Spider wants to know what she’s doing here. M.J. tells Spider-Man that she’s a big Huey Lewis fan but is really concerned with him now after the riots and would like to get to the bottom of this and wants to help out. Spider-Man says it’s too dangerous and that he can take care of himself. M.J. insists that she comes as she suspects someone is manipulating him. Eventually, Spider-Man gives in and decides to accept her help.
Meanwhile at a major record label, Huey Lewis wants to know why the Beetle called him over as he reminds him that he wants nothing to do with him anymore. The president of the label walks in and wonders what a guy in a beetle costume is doing here. The Beetle’s “eyes” glow and all of a sudden the label president sees the Beetle in his true identity of Abner Jenkins (The Beetle is using his hallucination technology to make the label president think he’s seeing his true identity) and apologizes for his rudeness telling him that his eyes were playing tricks on him. The label president then tells him that he’s reconsidered Huey Lewis’s recording contract and thinks he deserves a lot. The label president offers Huey triple the money that Huey made in the 1980’s and Huey Lewis happily accepts. The Beetle tells Huey now that has been taken care of, he wants a favor in return.Later that night, Huey Lewis and the News arrive at Madison Square Garden for what they consider will be their biggest show of the year.Back at the Beetle’s lair, the Beetle laughs sinisterly as he has just finished creating even more powerful versions of the instruments that Huey’s band uses.Fans are now flocking to MSG to see Huey Lewis perform. Backstage, the Beetle walks into Huey Lewis and the News’s dressing room with the new instruments to use for what the Beetle calls a most “landmark” performance tonight. Huey and his band are totally amazed by the new instruments as the Beetle laughs sinisterly again. Spider-Man and M.J. arrive at MSG but are too late as all the tickets are sold out. M.J. asks Spider what they are gonna do now. Spider-Man says that they will have to find a way to sneak into the Garden. Huey Lewis and the News takes to the stage (with plenty of excited and screaming fans) as the Beetle ponders behind the curtain about the “change” soon when the cosmic alignment is right. The Beetle laughs sinisterly again. M.J. and Spider-Man find a way inside the Garden when M.J. tells Spider-Man to put on these earplugs just in case Huey Lewis and his band are causing the riots. Spider says thanks as he and M.J. put on their earplugs. The Beetle ponders again about all the pieces coming together in the heavens and on earth as Huey Lewis tells his fans it’s time for the “Heart of Rock & Roll”! The Beetle ponders on about that everything is in place as the audiences eyes glow. The Beetle now has complete control over the audience and orders them to get Spider-Man and M.J. who have made their way to the seating area! The audience grabs Spider and M.J. and takes them towards the stage. The Beetle walks onto the stage.
The Beetle: “Welcome to my NIGHTMARE!”M.J. tells the Beetle that he apparently is the one behind this and wants to know how Huey Lewis got involved with him.The Beetle: “Let’s just say that somebody was so desperate to pay off a lawsuit that he just lost recently!”The Beetle tells M.J. it’s time to get down to business. After laughing maniacally, the Beetle walks towards M.J. and places a “seed” on M.J.’s chest. The “seed” sinks into her body and all of a sudden, vines grow out of M.J.’s chest (M.J. is screaming real loud as the Beetle tells her to struggle for all the good it will do her) and starts grabbing people including Spider-Man who is now angry to see his beloved M.J. in pain. Some audience members trapped in the vines don’t know what’s going on but they sure like it as their heads turn to beetle type heads. Spider-Man finally breaks free from the vines and goes after the Beetle (who says to Spider-Man that everybody’s a critic) but the Beetle blasts him with a powerful and deadly laser that sends Spider-Man flying right through a wall and he lands on the outside hurt. Back inside, Huey Lewis wraps up a song and then is in complete shock when he sees that everybody in the audience has beetle heads. Huey asks the Beetle what he has done to them. The Beetle tells Huey that their music has prepared them to become the children of the Beetle which he will command to do his bidding! Huey doesn’t like this. The Beetle asks Huey if he ever wanted a family. Back outside, Spider-Man finally manages to get back on his feet but is still weak from the laser blast. Despite this, Spider-Man knows that M.J. and the others are counting on him as Spider-Man goes back inside to finish this. Huey Lewis tells the Beetle to change the audience back. The Beetle gets mad and grabs and holds up Huey calling him a washed-up fool and that he is nothing and utterly powerless. Spider-Man is back inside but stops to think about how to defeat the Beetle when he notices the Beetle’s “glowing eyes”, as his power source is in his helmet! Spider-Man confronts the Beetle (who drops Huey and asks Spider-Man if he’s back for more) and cracks a joke about him.
Spider-Man manages to pull the helmet off of the Beetle and throw it out of the building where it lands in the ocean and short circuits causing the Beetle to scream NOOOOOO!!!! The Beetle faints as Spider-Man cracks another joke about him. Everybody in the audience returns to normal and M.J. is free of the vines like everybody else. One audience member wants to know what happened and another member tells him that he doesn’t know but he bets that Spider-Man stopped it. Huey Lewis claims that he doesn’t need the Beetle and that they can do it themselves. One audience member is upset at Huey since his band’s instruments turns them into monsters and Huey wants to rock instead. Huey Lewis and the News have trouble playing their instruments as Huey panics. One audience member then says that they can’t even play and then the instruments disintegrate causing that same audience member to call them fakes. The audience is now booing the News very vocally telling them to get off the stage. Huey Lewis gets down on his knees and begs them to let him explain. The rest of the band starts walking off the stage as Huey begs them to stay but the guitar/saxophone player tells Huey that they don’t want no part of this and that the booing audience is his problem, not theirs. Huey begs them to reconsider but it’s too late as they are already gone. Spider-Man helps M.J. up as she thanks Spider and Spider tells her no problem. M.J. says she has one more piece of business to finish as she walks on stage towards a sad and dejected Huey. Huey says he doesn’t have a career anymore and doesn’t belong anywhere. M.J. tells Huey that he is wrong and despite what happened, she still is a fan of his no matter what he does. M.J. also tells him that he doesn’t need all these people to be a good musician because only the true fans like herself will be there for somebody as talented as him and that all these other people were never his fans to begin with anyway. M.J. tells Huey that people like her still need him and his music to enjoy to. M.J. says that she will get him some help to deal with this. M.J. tells Spider-Man thanks as she had a wonderful time. Spider-Man tells her to take care now as Spider-Man takes an unconscious Beetle to the police and heads home happy about his night at Madison Square Garden with Mary Jane Watson.
37. Stunned – Guest Star: Johnny BravoA woman named Angelina Brancale receives components (in the mail) for a machine she’s creating in her basement. These parts are the final components she needs to create her “Virtual Reality Matrix” which she will use to create the “perfect” version of her while controlling it through the machine.Peter Parker is in a hurry to get to a food court as he hopes to make it in time. On his way there however, Sally Avril and Randy Robertson are setting up a giant glass window on the sidewalk which Avril dubs “The Invisible Wall”. Sally’s plan is for Peter Parker to run smack dab into the wall in order to humiliate him again. Sally hears Peter coming and tells Randy that they need to hide but before they do, the “Invisible Wall” falls on top of them and Peter Parker runs right over them while saying hi. Randy Robertson grumbles angrily to Sally.Peter makes it to the food court thinking it’s too late but is surprised when he sees little Gwen Stacy and Mary Jane Watson so happy and chatty together. Gwen and M.J. are happy to see Peter and they offer him a seat. Gwen explains to Peter that despite what M.J. did to her the other night, she forgives her since it wasn’t her fault for why M.J. almost killed her the other night. Peter is glad to hear this and the three of them talk about things very happily.Back at the Brancale residence, Angelina has just completed her virtual reality construct which she dubs “Stunner”, a 7’2, 302 pounds of beauty and muscle, the woman that Angelina always wanted to be! Angelina decides to test her “Stunner” on the outside world.Meanwhile, a visitor from Aron City named Johnny Bravo is walking down the street when he sees Betty Brant drinking some hot coffee, Johnny Bravo being the ladies man that he is, hits on her and Betty responds by pouring the rest of her coffee down Johnny’s pants and then punches him in the face. Betty walks away calling Johnny something degrading. Johnny says that Betty is just “crazy” for him. Moving on, Johnny Bravo runs into Liz Allen and hits on her too and just like Betty before, Liz Allen attacks Bravo by upper cutting him into the air and then hitting him with a spin kick on his way down sending him flying into a brick wall. Johnny says he’s still got it. Glory Grant and Sha Shan Nguyen are next on Johnny’s list and (of course) Johnny is unsuccessful as Glory unleashes her fists of fury on Bravo and then Sha Shan drops an anvil on him. Johnny (of course) says that he’s still the man. Finally, Peter Parker is taking a walk with his two girls, M.J. and Gwen when you know who shows up.Johnny Bravo: “Hey ladies how would you like to hook up with a real man like me?”Johnny does many poses for M.J. and Gwen.Peter Parker: “Hey now wait just a minute…”Johnny Bravo: “Beat it pipsqueak the ladies don’t want anything to do with a zero like you!”Johnny then flings Peter into a trash can. M.J. is appalled by Johnny Bravo’s actions as she helps Peter up. M.J. calls Johnny some even more demeaning stuff than Betty Brant did earlier. Gwen Stacy shocks Peter and M.J. by grabbing Johnny’s arms and saying that Johnny’s kind of cute. M.J. says the guy is an egotistical doofus and Peter agrees. Gwen tells the both of them to cut it out saying that Harry’s too obsessed with his tour bus driver job and that Peter has M.J., so Johnny Bravo’s the man for her as she asks him if he will take of her needs.Johnny Bravo: “Whatever you say pineapple pizza.”
Johnny does some more poses.Johnny Bravo: (looking towards Peter) “Choke on that shrimp!”Peter and M.J. is in complete disgust.The next couple of days shows Johnny Bravo and Gwen Stacy having a great time together and despite Johnny’s screw-ups throughout these dates, Gwen always stands by his side as Johnny has indeed been there to satisfy Gwen’s needs. Gwen has been so happy with Johnny that at times she can’t “control” herself and gets feisty at Bravo who of course loves it.One day however, Johnny Bravo is walking down the street minding his business when he sees Angelina Brancale’s Stunner construct lift a tree from the ground and toss it across the city. Johnny is impressed by her strength and especially her beauty that he of course decides to hit on her. Brancale wants to know who in the blue blazes is he and Johnny obliges as he does all of his poses while telling her that it’s her lucky day as Johnny Bravo is here to satisfy her. Brancale is about to smack Bravo but decides to play along as someone as stupid as him is going to be useful to her in order to pull off her crimes against humanity. Brancale introduces herself as the Stunner and then seduces Johnny Bravo into doing her bidding. Johnny Bravo agrees and very shortly, Stunner is committing crimes alongside Bravo! Eventually, the couple runs into Spider-Man who is shocked to see Gwen’s beloved Johnny with the Stunner. Spider-Man wants to take down Bravo more than ever but Johnny’s screw-up actually works against Spider-Man. He eventually gets pummeled by the Stunner. Johnny is not impressed with Spider-Man since he tried to hurt his date as the two of them leave. Eventually, Gwen finds out about her man Bravo committing crimes with another woman and runs off to find him. Gwen finds them at a gym as Stunner decided to reward Johnny for his work so far, as Stunner is beginning to like Johnny when Gwen walks in. Johnny looks at her.Johnny Bravo: “Do I know you?”Gwen is shocked that Johnny would say that as she asks him why is he doing this and why would he date her since she thought they had a thing going. Johnny tells Gwen to beat it as he has no time to play with little girls and that he already has a woman. Gwen says that she won’t give up on Johnny as tears roll down her eyes. Stunner grabs Gwen and slams her into the ground real hard injuring her.Johnny Bravo: “See what happens when you bother me kid?”Stunner tells Johnny that she is going to kill her right now so she won’t bother them again. Johnny is too busy posing in front of a mirror to catch what Stunner just said. It looks like curtains for Gwen (again) as Stunner is about to kill her until Spider-Man saves the day. Spider-Man is enraged when he sees Gwen on the ground hurt again and the first thing he does is web up Johnny.Spider-Man: “That one was for Gwen you musclebound dipstick!”
Spider-Man and Stunner clash again as Spider-Man swears to take down Stunner once and for all. As the two of them fight, we find out that Johnny Bravo is already out of Spider-Man’s webbing and tells Spider-Man nobody webs up his beautiful hair like that and gets away with it! Johnny confronts Spider-Man at a bad time as Stunner tells Johnny to get out of the way. Johnny says he wants to go one-on-one with Spider-Man but Spider-Man uses this opportunity to land a really powerful blow to Stunner damaging her in the process. Brancale freaks out and has her construct return home. The Stunner returns to Brancale’s basement as Brancale has to repair her construct. Brancale is in complete shock when she sees Johnny Bravo standing next to her construct.Johnny Bravo: “Nice basement, I wonder why you didn’t let me go down here before and who’s the fatty in the machine?”Brancale is angered by not just that remark but also the fact that he led Spider-Man to her basement! Johnny didn’t know Spider-Man was following him as Spider-Man tosses Stunner aside and smashes the VR Matrix. Johnny tells Spider-Man that’s his girlfriend’s equipment as Spider-Man gets Brancale out of the machine just in time. Spider-Man tells Bravo that Brancale is Stunner. Johnny tells Spider that’s just some fat chick and that Stunner is over there but when he turns around Stunner’s not there. Johnny wonders where she went. Spider-Man tells him that Brancale created that beautiful woman and used her to get him to commit crimes for her. Johnny doesn’t believe it. Brancale tells Johnny that he messed everything up and that someday he’s gonna kill him for this, him and Spider-Man! Spider-Man webs up her mouth and tells her that she will get a chance to work on her weight behind bars from now on as Spider-Man takes her to the police.The next day, Johnny Bravo visits Gwen in the hospital saying that what he did, he only did it for her and swears that he had no interest in the Stunner.Gwen Stacy: “Its okay Johnny I forgive you…NOT!”Gwen then pushes a button and all of a sudden, her father and his subordinates rush in and beat up Johnny Bravo with their nightsticks as Gwen looks on smiling. Later that day, Johnny is sitting in a jail cell all bummed out when the jail door opens. The cop tells Johnny that the bail has been paid and that he is free to go. Johnny is happy until he sees his mother angry at him as she was the one who paid his bail. Bunny Bravo grabs her son by the ear and tells him that his punishment is gonna be very severe when they get home! Johnny is bummed out.A few days later, M.J. and Peter is at the food court when Gwen shows up and takes a seat next to Peter. Gwen tells M.J. and Peter she’s doing well and that they were right about Johnny Bravo. M.J. tells her it’s all right as she and Peter are glad to have her back. The three of them get on with their lives.
38. The Heart of Being a Superhero – Guest Star: Laraine NewmanMiles Warren becomes the Jackal and is the one who created the Gwen Stacy clones for Emily Osborn a.k.a. The Green Goblin mk2 (from the Last Bus To Doomsday episode). The Jackal creates a new bunch of Gwen Stacy clones more powerful than the last (they all have Superman’s powers) and plans to unleash them on the city in order to conquer. Sally Avril’s newest plan to humiliate Peter Parker (which involves Sally and Randy holding a piece of rope while hiding in two bushes (one for each) and pulling the rope up when Parker approaches causing him to fall) backfires when Peter Parker and a bunch of other students rush out of school and run into the rope but instead of tripping over it, the rope is on the students (who continue to run) who drag Sally and Randy across the ground with them.The Gwen Stacy clones cause destruction and chaos as Spider-Man gets beaten by them and to make matters worse, the Gwen clones fire their laser beams at the real Gwen Stacy who almost dies because of the blast as the Jackal orders the clones to let her live so she can suffer an enormous amount of pain! Spider-Man is so upset again because of what happened to Gwen again (she is on life support again) that he no longer wants to be Spider-Man again. Throughout the attack, a mysterious woman was watching the action. She sends a letter to the Parker residence for Peter Parker who reads it and wants him to contact Spider-Man (since she knows that Parker is the one who can get good pictures of Spider-Man) and tell him to go to the top of the abandoned rocket shuttle factory in the mountain forest northwest of New York City. Spider-Man arrives at the top of the factory and is quite surprised to find out that the mysterious woman is none other than former Saturday Night Live cast member Laraine Newman! Laraine tells Spider-Man that she knows that he’s going through a rough time and goes on a heartfelt speech telling him not to give up, that he’s got people counting on him and other very heartfelt advice to inspire self-confidence into Spider-Man as Laraine tells him about the “Heart of Being a Superhero”. Spider-Man gets his confidence back and thanks Laraine as he heads back to New York to finish his fight with the Jackal. Spider-Man uses “glowing rocks” to defeat the Gwen clones and from there, he captures the Jackal and unmasks him to reveal him as Miles Warren.With Miles Warren in jail, the city is saved once again by Spider-Man who then visits the hospital as Peter Parker and is relived to see that Gwen Stacy will live. Gwen thanks Peter for being there for her.Peter Parker: (thinking to himself) “Thanks Laraine Newman, you have helped me find self-confidence again and I hope to see you again someday.”In the distance on a rooftop, Laraine Newman smiles as she walks off into the sunset.
39. A Dark Knight In New York City – Guest Star: Batman (CW version)Spider-Man battles a bunch of new villains at a jewelry store who turn out to be members of “The Batman’s” rouge’s gallery (Joker, Penguin, Catwoman, Bane and the CW version debuts of Two-Face and Scarecrow). Spider-Man (of course) loses as it was six against one. After the villains leave, The Batman shows up and is not too happy about this. The Batman blames Spider-Man for why his villains got away and that if he kept out of it, he would have taken them down easily. Spider-Man says that it’s “his” city and that it’s his responsibility to take care of the evil doers no matter where they are from and that his rouge’s gallery has more class than Batman’s! That remark angers The Batman and the two of them are about to go at it but the cops show up causing The Batman to flee. Spider-Man declares that this isn’t over and The Batman says the feeling is mutual.Later on, we find out that The Batman’s rogue’s were banded together by a crime boss in New York named Wilson Fisk a.k.a. The Kingpin! The Kingpin dubs his group of rogue’s “The Insidious Six” (who managed to defeat The Sinister Six off camera earlier on). The Kingpin scolds his villains for retreating instead of staying and killing Spider-Man despite the fact the Insidious Six manage to make off with most of the jewelry but luckily for them, Kingpin has another plan up his sleeve.Under orders from J. Jonah Jameson, Peter Parker is rushing to Times Square to take pictures of Gotham City billionaire industrialist Bruce Wayne. On his way there however, Sally Avril has set up yet another trap to humiliate Parker. This time it involves dumping a pot of hot Irish stew on Parker but a leprechaun moves the stew and places it above Sally as she and Randy hide in a bush waiting for Parker. Sally tells Randy to get ready to dump the stew. Randy says no as he sees the stew above Sally (who is too busy watching for Parker to notice) but Sally hits Randy in the head telling him no backtalk. Peter Parker approaches and Sally tells Randy to dump the stew. Randy dumps the stew…on Avril! Sally gets mad at Randy and wants to know why he did that. Randy points at the leprechaun. Sally thinks if they catch the leprechaun, the leprechaun will have to give her his pot of gold! Sally and Randy go leprechaun hunting.At Times Square, Bruce Wayne is giving his speech about his (hostile) takeover of some New York companies which will soon become Wayne Industry buildings. Peter Parker is taking pictures but is thinking more about what he’s going to do to The Batman when he gets his hands on him.Later, Peter is walking down the street thinking about whether to fight dirty or not when he comes across The Batman again soon when he sees Bruce Wayne flirting with Gwen Stacy! Peter gets jealous and causes a ruckus. Gwen gets in the middle and yells at Peter for attacking Bruce as the two of them were just talking. Peter doesn’t trust Wayne. Gwen tells Peter she doesn’t want to see him again if he can’t control his jealousy and the two of them walk off together. Peter is furious.Meanwhile, Sally and Randy’s leprechaun hunt is not going to well as the leprechaun leads Sally off a cliff!The Kingpin has his Insidious Six attack a chemical lab, which just happens to be the chemical lab that Bruce Wayne is going to turn into a Wayne Industry building and to make matters worse, Bruce Wayne was giving a tour of the place to little Gwen Stacy when they attacked! Bruce hides Gwen in a closet and tells her that he will go for help. Gwen tells Bruce not to leave her alone but he is already gone.
Spider-Man shows up and is ready to win this time but as usual The Batman shows up wanting to take down his rogue’s himself. Spider-Man threatens to assault The Batman if he doesn’t leave the villains to him. The Batman says likewise and the gloves are down! Spider-Man and The Batman go at each other in an even more brutal and vicious fight that makes the Timmy vs. Jimmy cripple fight from South Park look tame by comparison! Lots of low blows, biting, eye gouging and other dirty methods used as both Spider-Man and The Batman are so determined to take each other down once and for all! This of course allows the villains to steal things while the two of them fight and to make matters worse, Bane has just found Gwen Stacy who is trembling again. Bane tells her that her precious heroes can’t save her now! Gwen yells at them to help her but Spider-Man and The Batman don’t hear her of course. Bane decides to teach her a lesson and gives little Gwen Stacy a MONSTER bearhug so hard that you hear Gwen’s bones cracking as she screams real loud to her bones being shattered! Bane drops her to the ground as Gwen begs for mercy as she can’t take it no more. Joker says what fun would that be as Joker says they just enjoy seeing cute little girls suffer in pain and misery. The Scarecrow comes over and uses his fear gas on Gwen! Gwen starts hallucinating her worst fears as she screams in horror (she’s crying at this point) at what she sees! Spider-Man and The Batman are too busy fighting each other (of course) to notice. After a few minutes of trauma, the Joker finally decides that it’s his turn and so he unleashes his joker gas on Gwen who is now laughing uncontrollably. The villains are having their fun tormenting little Gwen Stacy until The Kingpin orders them to bring the chemicals back to him. Two-Face says not without finishing off The Batman and Spider-Man first. Kingpin tells him the chemicals have top priority and to return with them now! The villains leave as The Batman and Spider-Man’s brutal fight comes to a draw (they both pass out from the pain). Gwen is still infected with both gases in addition to her broken bones! Batgirl (Robin is with the Titans right now and thus is unavailable for this mission) finally arrives on the scene in disgust of what she sees as she has to clean up this mess now. Batgirl leaves Spider-Man behind (since she doesn’t know who he is) and takes Gwen to the hospital and then takes The Batman back to his New York residence as The Batman has other homes across the country besides his main home in Gotham. Spider-Man eventually recovers and goes back to his home in pain.Back at the Parker residence, Peter Parker is still in pain from his fight with The Batman but despite this, he knows he cannot give up and decides to go after the Insidious Six again injured or not!
Meanwhile at The Kingpin’s lair, The Kingpin congratulates his Insidious Six on a job well done. The six complain that they want to kill The Batman. The Kingpin tells them that they shall have their wish as The Kingpin wants them to steal some weapons at an old warehouse down by the docks and if The Batman and Spider-Man interfere, The Kingpin wants them destroyed!Back at the hospital, Bruce and Barbara check in on Gwen who has been given an antidote for both gases and lies there in bed like an angel, sleeping. Bruce and Barbara leave the hospital as Barbara scolds Bruce for what he did. Bruce tells Barbara that Spider-Man is a jerk who’s trying to make him look bad. Barbara says they are both being egotistical jerks, instead of trying to work together in order to stop those villains, they are more concerned with stroking their own egos about who is better and thus people like Gwen Stacy almost gets killed while the villains get away with the loot! Bruce apologizes as he admits that Gwen is important to him and that he was being selfish and careless and promises not to let his rivalry with Spider-Man get to him again. Barbara hopes that Bruce can work with Spider-Man peacefully if he shows up again and asks Bruce what’s the next move. Bruce says that he’s going to need the Bat-Bot (from the Traction episode) in order to deal with this many villains since he’s still in pain from the Spider-Man fight.Meanwhile, Sally Avril has finally caught the leprechaun and wants his pot of gold now! The leprechaun tells her to dig over there but it turns out to be another trick as Sally uncovers a land mine and gets caught in the explosion.At the warehouse later that night, the Insidious Six are stealing weapons for Kingpin when The Batman shows up in his Bat-Bot. The villains get ready to fight The Batman that is until a giant Spider-Man robot crashes the party! It’s Spider-Man in the Spider-Bot! The Batman is peeved as the giant robot idea was his but he is willing to put his difference aside and asks him to team up with him. Spider-Man says so what as he didn’t create a Bat-Bot and that he’s willing to put aside his differences in order to stop the Insidious Six. The Batman tells him that he has to step out of the Spider-Bot and fight them on foot as the giant robot thing is his copyright and that Spider-Man is infringing it! Spider-Man refuses to get out. Tempers flare and finally the two of them duke it out again! The Batman tells Spider-Man that he’s been fighting most of his rogue’s gallery for months now and that he doesn’t want them in his city again. Spider-Man tells him the feeling is mutual except for the fact that this is the first time villains from Gotham have invaded New York. The two bots are doing serious damage to one another as it sure looks like The Batman is going to win this one until Spider-Man gets a second wind. The villains just sit there waiting for one of them to kill the other as they get ready to kill the winner of the fight. All of a sudden, Batgirl sneaks into the warehouse and takes down all six members with stealth techniques. The Batman has Spider-Man pinned to the ground as The Batman is about to “unmask” Spider-Man (who yells no thinking that his career as Spider-Man will be over). Just when The Batman is about to pull off Spider-Man’s armor, Batgirl gets their attention.Batgirl: “While you boys were busy “playing” with each other in your robots, I was capturing these villains!”
Spider-Man and The Batman has embarrassed looks on their faces as The Batman tries to explain things but Batgirl tells him that he’s become such a joke since he got kicked out of the Justice League (from a The Batman episode that doesn’t exist) that she doesn’t know why she even bothers working for him. Spider-Man laughs at The Batman but Batgirl then tells Spider-Man that he’s no better either and in fact he’s WORSE than The Batman as Spider-Man is a much bigger klutz than The Batman and is more careless than him too. Batgirl leaves the warehouse with the Insidious Six and heads to Arkham Asylum in Gotham to drop them off.Back at The Kingpin’s lair, Kingpin ponders that this is only a temporary setback (after finding out about his Insidious Six’s capture) and that in the end, Kingpin will have the last laugh.The next day, Bruce Wayne heads back home to Gotham now that his rogue’s are back in Arkham as Bruce thinks to himself how he’s gonna miss Gwen but hopes to see her again someday and how he had Spider-Man beat as he hopes to run into him again someday so he can finish the fight once and for all.At the hospital, Gwen is feeling a little better as Peter walks in with a bouquet of flowers. Peter apologizes to Gwen for not being here sooner but Gwen tells Peter that she is the one who should be apologizing as she realizes what a cowardly woman deserter Bruce Wayne is and that Peter had every right to be jealous as she thanks him for the flowers. Gwen would like to start a relationship with Peter now that she has dumped Harry but Mary Jane Watson shows up at the door.Peter Parker: “I’m sorry Gwen.”Peter then leaves with M.J. as Gwen has a sad look on her face as she gets to experience the same thing that Peter felt when Gwen dumped him for Harry at the end of season 2.Finally, Sally Avril has finally found the leprechaun’s gold! Sally declares that she’s rich but then wonders why the gold didn’t come in a pot. All of a sudden, a pot falls on top of her followed by a safe, a piano, a car, an ocean liner and finally an airplane! Randy Robertson and the leprechaun magically appear on top of the airplane as the two of them laugh and snicker.
And that completes my Spectacular Spider-Man Season 3 fanfics everyone.
Post a Comment